Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smallville's Allison Mack
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Where is Superman to save her now?!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
These small fringe groups and pseudo religions are more common than you'd think in Hollywood circles. It goes all the way back to Charles Manson and probably before him. It will be interesting to see how much of this sticks when people started as willing "followers".

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
These small fringe groups and pseudo religions are more common than you'd think in Hollywood circles. It goes all the way back to Charles Manson and probably before him.

It goes back to Ron Hubbard and Dianetics in the 1940s and probably before him.

Posts: 2200 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I guess no Smallville reunion ?

One of the articles said that Kristin K (Lana Lang) was involved as well, but she dropped out

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Sick & disturbing behavior.... Maybe they are drug and sex addicts - who knows?
Now I'm glad that I don't have her Smallville auto card. If I did own it, I'd sell it quick so it didn't stink up my collection.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Sadly there's fine line between free will and brain washing ie an exhausted person will make bad decisions and think they've made them of their own free will.

I think she may have started out as one of the innocents but where she stands now in legal terms is yet to be determined.

This is a very disturbing and tragic case for those innocents involved. I hope justice prevails and the truth comes out.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Allison Mack has pled guilty, and may face 40 years in prison.

She is almost totally unrecognizable in this photo.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/c...new-york-sex-n992091

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
She will become a witness against the cult's leader and that heiress who financed him. She'll probably get jail time, but I would be surprised if her deal won't get her out in 5 years or less. No other reason to plead guilty.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Seems the Mack "brand" has taken a pretty big hit:

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I guess Kristin Kreuk had joined the same time Allison did but quit after completing some of the surface level courses.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I did not realize that she is married to an actress from "Battlestar Galactica". See below

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...-raniere-source-says

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I did not realize that she is married to an actress from "Battlestar Galactica". See below

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...-raniere-source-says

Wow!!!! It just gets weirder!

"Our sources said they got married on Raniere's orders so that Clyne, a Canadian citizen, could remain in the United States.

Parlato added: “It wasn’t a romance at all.”

Parlato claimed that Clyne is branded with Raniere’s initials and is Mack’s “slave” in the society."

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
When one reads all the evidence on this, Mack deserves jail time but I wonder if she will get any if the attorneys get her to roll on Raniere and make her a nice deal. Guess we will find out in a few months.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
When one reads all the evidence on this, Mack deserves jail time but I wonder if she will get any if the attorneys get her to roll on Raniere and make her a nice deal. Guess we will find out in a few months.

She pleaded guilty, that's usually means guilty and the sentence will be a lesser one than pleading not guilty.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
NXIVM PC COLLECTION

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So now the Seagram's liquor heiress who bankrolled this whole mess, Clare Bronfman, has also pleaded guilty. She could get as much as 25 years, or as little as 21 months.

Look for a 2 - 3 year plea deal. At the end of the day the only one who is going away for a long time will be the cult leader Keith Raniere. All the rest will testify against him and get reduced sentences. Prosecution will be satisfied with that because all of these cult members started as consenting adults and they need witnesses at the top just to convict him.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
The only Smallville autograph card I have is Adrianne Palicki. I think I pulled it from a couple of packs I bought.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Just sentenced to 3 years in jail.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/30...entencing/index.html

They'll send her to a minimum security place, take off months for time served, good behavior and anything else they can think of. She made that deal to testify, so she'll probably be out on parole in 15 months or so and writing a book.

Frankly its hard to care about this one when everyone was consenting until they all realized they were victims. I mean calling this wacky bunch a cult is almost giving them too much credit. Big Grin