Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gerry Anderson passes away
 Login/Join

posted
I've just been reading about this on the BBC website...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-e...oxfordshire-20845407

RIP Mr Anderson.

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
This is dreadful news. The only glimmer of light i can ever come up with when something like this happens is the great stuff he made will live on forever for everyone to enjoy.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
I met Gerry when he was promoting his updated Captain Scarlet, he was very charming and entertaining. He, along with Lew Grade, produced many classics which stand the test of time.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
another hero returned to the stars
RIP Gerry you will be sadly missed
Frown

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Just searched for my favorites SuperCar and Fireball XL5 on YouTube... I loved to sing along to the theme songs as a little kid!

Fireball XL5 had a great song: My heart would be a fireball, and so on... Dance

RIP Gerry Anderson. And thanks for the wonderful kids shows that live on...

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
That is sad news. I never watched any of his shows until my husband bought Stingray two Christmases ago. Everyone loved it, even my parents. The kids often ask my husband to laugh like Agent x20. We also enjoyed Thunderbirds. The attention to detail was fabulous. RIP Mr. Anderson

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Capt Scarlet, Stingray & Thunderbirds what else can a man leave us - RIP Gerry and THANKS

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post