Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harold Ramis passed away
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted
Wow, sad to see that. Great actor and director.

https://movies.yahoo.com/blogs...at-69-173530161.html

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wvfan
posted Hide Post
Its truly a great lose. His movies made up the better part of my childhood. Ghostbusters will always be one of the biggest parts of my best childhood memories.

I cant count all the times I would say those famous lines from GB and Caddyshack.

Those films are pure gold. I wish the would still make films like that.

RIP Mr Ramis and thank you for giving me so many great films. That take me back to a much better time and place.

Posts: 130 | Location: petersburg WV | Registered: December 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
It wouldn't hurt as much if he wasn't such a talented and funny man with such a great personality.

But he was and it does.

Not an exact quote, but:

"Didn't you have a Slinky when you were a kid, Egon?"

"We did, and I straightened it."

Rest in peace, Harold Ramis. Condolences to his family, friends, and many admirers, which I have been since his days with SCTV.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
who we gonna call now?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Yes, I was sad to hear he had past Frown

I wonder what will happen now with the Ghostbusters 3 movie project?

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
They say Bill Murray read the script for part 3 and literally put it in a shredder. As for the other guys, I heard they didn't want to do it if original director Ivan Reitman wasn't on board, and he wasn't, apparently. Now with Ramis' passing, it does not look good, for the original ones anyway. It may happen someday as more of a re-boot than a sequel, and were that the case, the best we could probably hope for would be cameos from the then-surviving original cast members, and none of them (or us!) are getting any younger. Maybe they can get Wes Anderson to do it, and then they'd have a shot at getting Bill Murray since he's in most of his other movies.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post