Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Harold Ramis passed away

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/958604453/m/9037094766

February 24, 2014, 05:54 PM
SHouseman
Harold Ramis passed away
Wow, sad to see that. Great actor and director.

https://movies.yahoo.com/blogs...at-69-173530161.html

February 24, 2014, 07:06 PM
wvfan
Its truly a great lose. His movies made up the better part of my childhood. Ghostbusters will always be one of the biggest parts of my best childhood memories.

I cant count all the times I would say those famous lines from GB and Caddyshack.

Those films are pure gold. I wish the would still make films like that.

RIP Mr Ramis and thank you for giving me so many great films. That take me back to a much better time and place.

February 24, 2014, 07:40 PM
chesspieceface
It wouldn't hurt as much if he wasn't such a talented and funny man with such a great personality.

But he was and it does.

Not an exact quote, but:

"Didn't you have a Slinky when you were a kid, Egon?"

"We did, and I straightened it."

Rest in peace, Harold Ramis. Condolences to his family, friends, and many admirers, which I have been since his days with SCTV.

February 25, 2014, 06:55 AM
wolfie
who we gonna call now?

February 26, 2014, 06:08 AM
Darth Vader Fan
Yes, I was sad to hear he had past Frown

I wonder what will happen now with the Ghostbusters 3 movie project?
February 26, 2014, 07:31 PM
chesspieceface
They say Bill Murray read the script for part 3 and literally put it in a shredder. As for the other guys, I heard they didn't want to do it if original director Ivan Reitman wasn't on board, and he wasn't, apparently. Now with Ramis' passing, it does not look good, for the original ones anyway. It may happen someday as more of a re-boot than a sequel, and were that the case, the best we could probably hope for would be cameos from the then-surviving original cast members, and none of them (or us!) are getting any younger. Maybe they can get Wes Anderson to do it, and then they'd have a shot at getting Bill Murray since he's in most of his other movies.