Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Barnes and Noble Pop Culture Week
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barnes and Noble Pop Culture Week
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
My daughter works for Barnes and Noble Bookstore, and she tells me this coming week all the stores will be celebrating Pop Culture subjects. This kind of coincides with Comic Con.
One day they will promote Batman, one day the movie Frozen, and probably Dr Who and Marvel comics on other days.
Each store should have some freebies starting Saturday, don't know exactly what they are, but comic books and posters for sure, maybe masks, apparently no cards.
Stop by if you get a chance.

Posts: 2912 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Okay, so I stopped by today,kind of a literary Free Comic Book Day.
Free booklets about various teen and youth subjects. Posters, postcards and pins. I got a comic with WWW Superstars, and a paperback with "Mistborn" and "The Way of Kings"by Brandon Sanderson.
Got a schedule for my store. July 23 is Batman Day with free bags, bookmarks and buttons
July 23-27 is DC Comic Spectacularwith giveaways and sales on graphic novels
August 2 is Marvel Day, with more giveaways

These should be at all B & N bookstores, but days may be different.

Posts: 2912 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Today is Batman Day. Free comic, giant poster, bookmarks and buttons.
There is a drawing for a T-Shirt too, and all Batman graphic novels are on sale

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Only got the free comic, figurine book and a promo BATMAN MASK. There were a number of different masks but you had to buy Batman stuff to get more than one. Did not see the other stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Today is Batman Day. Free comic, giant poster, bookmarks and buttons.
There is a drawing for a T-Shirt too, and all Batman graphic novels are on sale

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Some things may have been scarfed up already. I dropped my daughter off for work today at 8:50, before the store opens. There were 3 cars in the parking lot, people waiting for the free Batman stuff. I didn't see the figurine book or any Batman masks.

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I hope some of you had a chance to hit a B & N this week. This promotion ends tomorrow. Today I stopped by and got a Game of Thrones map of the Known World. Also a booklet based on the Dothraki language, apparently there is a language video coming where you can learn Dothraki.
There was also a booklet about an upcoming Walking Dead book. Saw a Longmire poster but didn't get it or any of the Star Wars pins. All these items were free.
A few days ago I bought a special edition Funco Vinyl figure from Game of Thrones. They were SDCC figures, Memorial Edition, I got the Kaleesi's late husband.

Hope you can get some of this stuff before it's all gone

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting Mr Norton!

I'd like that GoT map - was it made to look like a folded travel road map?

And I wonder what was available on Marvel Day??
(Sadly I never got over to the closest B&N)

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill, the map is 11x17,color, and shows the complete GOT world, putting much of this place in perspective, I often look back to the black and white maps in the books to try and figure out where everyone is. The bck of the map is promotion for a new book, The World of Fire and Ice, which is a history of the GOT universe and has many maps and paintings.

I asked my daughter what they had for Marvel Day, it was mostly figures and graphic novels for sale, hardly any freebies.

I've also been looking at the booklet about the Living Language Dothraki CD coming in Oct., so "Dothras chek" (be cool).