Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Battlestar Galactica DVD set
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Battlestar Galactica DVD set
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted
I was thinking about getting the Battlestar Galactica (original series) on DVD or Blu-Ray, but I am seeing that there is more than one set available. Can anyone tell me the difference in the two releases? One appears to be a 10-disc set, while the other (in a Cylon shaped package) is a 6-disc set. Any pros or cons on either or both sets?

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
The Original series has not been issued on Blu-ray in the US. It was released as a limited edition in Germany, and is being released as a 'Region-Free' edition in the UK on 10th November.

The initial 6 disc US DVD releases were dual sided (flippers) which are prone to skipping. The reissued 10 disc set are single sided.

The short lived 'Galactica:1980' is available on DVD as a two disc set, but is included on the Blu-ray.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
The original series has just been released on Blu-ray in the USA, two versions available and quite pricey.

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post