Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Simpsons
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
The Simpsons comic book is ending in October, with issue # 245, after being published for 25 years

https://www.newsarama.com/4111...o-comics-future.html

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There was a rumor that Bongo was having issues

They published the Futurama comic for many years. After issue # 81 in early 2017, issues 82 and 83 were not released in physical form, but only for electronic viewing. I wonder if that may be the future of other comics, as well

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The last issue is on the stands now.

This is the end of an era. I have a complete run of Simpsons Comics, and there was also a 100 issue run of Bart Simpson Comics, a 25+ issue run of the annual "Treehouse of Horror", numerous mini-series and one-shots as well as the previously mentioned "Futurama Comics" which ran for 81 bi-monthly issues, and well after the animated series ended for good.

Under the banner, United Plankton Industries, they also published an 85 issues run of "Spongebob Squarepants Comics", the final issue of that also on sale this month.

Perhaps when the Disney purchase of Fox Entertainment is complete, some of all of these properties will return to comics, but if not, the good folks at Bongo can be very proud of their quarter century body of work. They are some great looking comics.

I would say it will be weird to not see them at Comic-Con, but as I missed what is likely their final attendance there not being able to get tickets last year (and will likely strike out again this year), it probably won't register. That said, visiting their booth and meeting with the creative and sales people for the line was a highlight of my trip to San Diego every year for over two decades.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Simpsons TV show has been renewed for yet another 2 years, through 2022.