Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    New Old Doctor Who Episodes recovery to be announced
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Old Doctor Who Episodes recovery to be announced
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
To fans of vintage Doctor Who, there is going to be a very welcome official announcement this Thursday about the recovery of some vintage, long lost episodes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24448063

One of the companions from that era, Deborah Watling, has said on her website that she will taking part in the announcement:

http://deborahwatling.net/News/index.htm

So something to look forward to this week for nostalgia fans and perfect timing for the good Doctor's 50th Anniversary coming up in November Smile

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
That is awesome news. I have all of the new series box sets now it is time to start working backwards.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They have retrieved episodes from two classic Patrick Troughton stories: The Web of Fear and Enemy of the World. The former is significant as being the first appearance of Lethbridge-Steward. Here's the full BBC announcement:

http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-...who-adventures-found

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wvfan
posted Hide Post
Clap Clap all i got to say

Posts: 130 | Location: petersburg WV | Registered: December 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
It's always great news when episodes are found

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to when these come out on DVD ('Enemy of the World'-Nov., and 'Web of Fear'-Feb.). They're available as downloads now for those who cannot wait.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
This so cool. I have seen so little of the Trougton years

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not know if this is true ,but would be very interesting if it is.

http://www.blastr.com/2013-11-...-may-have-been-found

Posts: 157 | Location: ENGLAND | Registered: February 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Really enjoyed watching the previously missing 'The Web of Fear' story which was released on DVD this week. I can see why people remember the Yeti. Thumb Up

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Can someone explain why they don't have box sets of the original series? I can understand for the first two doctors since there are many missing episodes. I think I saw one for one of the later doctors. Can't imagine it being too hard: The Fourth Doctor, season 1; The Fourth Doctor, season 2, etc.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
Can someone explain why they don't have box sets of the original series? I can understand for the first two doctors since there are many missing episodes. I think I saw one for one of the later doctors. Can't imagine it being too hard: The Fourth Doctor, season 1; The Fourth Doctor, season 2, etc.

Odds are good that they eventually will, but they released these out of order and in most cases it literally took years to complete seasons. Box sets would have been impossible until maybe 18 months ago.

After 'The Underwater Menace' hits dvd though (the two missing episodes are being animated as we speak), the range is done and I am sure the repackaging will begin.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Season 16 - 'The key to Time' and season 23 'Trial of a Time Lord' were released as boxed sets. A lot of releases were released as boxed collections of 2-3 stories over here in the UK, but not in the US.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't the key word of this thread be classic instead of vintage ? Razz

wish someone would find the missing episodes of The faceless ones Razz

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post