Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Strange
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted
Just got back from seeing the latest Marvel offering...and it was awesome!!! Saw it in 3D Imax and was well worth the extra £££'s. No spoilers, but listen out for the options whilst Strange is on the phone in his car. Seems to be a little out of whack in the Marvel timeline, but good to hear anyway.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Just got back from seeing the latest Marvel offering...and it was awesome!!! Saw it in 3D Imax and was well worth the extra £££'s. No spoilers, but listen out for the options whilst Strange is on the phone in his car. Seems to be a little out of whack in the Marvel timeline, but good to hear anyway.

I would've missed that if I hadn't heard about it before hand, but it's a nice little touch for a character that I think gets so overlooked in the Marvel universe in favour of particular others.

I thought Benedict Cumberbatch's USA accent would be really off putting because we're used to it being very English - it sounded off to me in the trailers - but it was actually really fine and I forgot about that instantly - it's a great performance. I hadn't been that excited for this one so uncharacteristically didn't read much or view a lot of the set photos, teasers and b-footage etc in the run up, and it was nice to be surprised a little more than usual. I think it's an enjoyable film - maybe not the very greatest of the Marvel origin stories but still compelling. I liked the mid-credits scene teasing Ragnarok, but was a bit 'meh' with the post-credits scene.

Also really loved seeing the Logan and Wonder Woman trailers on the big screen. They're very nice trailers (and hopefully indicative of the quality of the movies) and it's always great feeling like you've got a bit extra out of the cinema trip.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post