Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    New Marvel Movies Confirmed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Marvel Movies Confirmed
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
BLACK WIDOW (May 2020)

THE ETERNALS (November 2020)

SHANG CHI (Feb 2021)

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS (May 2021)

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER (Nov 2021)

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, I will be interested in the final two but not so much the other three. After the events in 'Endgame', Black Widow will be problematical. I never liked Shang Chi as a comic, seemed too much like a 'Kung Fu' rip-off at the time it came out...and I used to love that TV series Smile

As for 'The Eternals', that one is really, really worrying. Back when I used to collect comics, I picked up The Eternals when they first came out and hated them with a vengence. I think I even posted suggestions in various collectors groups I was in at the time that it should have been released as a completely separate 'Kirby Concepts' line that would in no way, shape or form ever be part of the regular Marvel Universe. The whole concept was just plain wrong. I still have the same feeling about them.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
This weekend at the San Diego Comic-Con several upcoming Marvel Studios projects were announced in Hall H of the San Diego Convention Center. The schedule of the new films and Disney+ projects coming out over the next two years was revealed.

Kevin Feige the president of Marvel Studios first announced The Eternals, which will star Angelina Jolie, Richard Madden, Kumail Nanjiani, Lauren Ridloff, Brian Tyree Henry, Salma Hayek, Lia McHugh, and Don Lee. The Eternals, which will be directed by Chloé Zhao, is scheduled to hit theaters on November 6, 2020

Marvel Studios’ The Falcon and The Winter Soldier coming to the Disney+ streaming service will be available in Fall 2020. The Falcon and The Winter Soldier will star Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, and Daniel Brühl.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings will hit theaters on February 12, 2021. This film will be directed by Destin Daniel Cretton and will star Simu Liu, Awkwafina, and Tony Leung.

In the Spring of 2021, Disney+ will debut WandaVision. WandaVision will star Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany, and Teyonah Parris.

Speaking of Elizabeth Olsen, she will star alongside Benedict Cumberbatch in Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness will hit theaters on May 7, 2021. The film will be directed by Scott Derrickson.

The original series Loki starring Tom Hiddleston will be streamed exclusively on Disney+ in Spring 2021.

Marvel Studios’ What If…? will debut on Disney+ in Summer 2021 and will be the first animated series of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This series will star “Jeffrey Wright as the voice of The Watcher and many actors from across the MCU reprising their roles as voice-talent.” The comic What If series explored what would have unfolded if important moments in history had occurred differently.

Jeremy Renner will reprise his role in Marvel Studios’ Hawkeye. This series will debut on Disney+ in Fall 2021. The series will also Kate Bishop.

Natalie Portman will be returning to the Marvel Cinematic Universe in Thor: Love and Thunder. Joining Portman will be Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson. The film is scheduled to hit theaters on November 5, 2021.

Scarlett Johansson will star as Natasha Romanoff in Marvel Studios’ Black Widow. This film will hit theaters on May 1, 2020. Johansson will be joined by David Harbour, Florence Pugh, O-T Fagbenle, and Rachel Weisz. The film will be directed by Cate Shortland.

The final news of the night was that Mahershala Ali will star in Blade. The opening date was not announced.

Source: wdwinfo.com

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Oddly enough, the only one I like is Blade and the only other one I might like is Thor, although Portman leaves me cold. Still I never thought they did Blade justice in films and I liked Thor Ragnarok.

The Eternals I don't believe I will like, but with Jolie, I'm pretty sure I will hate it. Big Grin

The rest is just more of the last to me. Wink

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
After the events in 'Endgame', Black Widow will be problematical.

Big Grin You would think so, she's really, really dead.

Seriously, I think it's some sort of prequel, but I also don't think it works when they've killed character at a supposed later date. It's not like the audience can't remember what they already saw.

I think it might even have been an underlying problem with Solo, because he was killed in the first of the last trilogy. I know those film events had around 40 years between them, but still he's dead, so why look at an origin story. Solo certainly didn't work out well.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

Well, sort of. The way the Soul Gem works in the comics means she could very easily be brought back but that is a discussion for another time...after the new film has been released Smile

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

Well, sort of. The way the Soul Gem works in the comics means she could very easily be brought back but that is a discussion for another time...after the new film has been released Smile

I actually thought they killed Black Widow because Scarlet Johansson just didn't want to do the character again, much like Downey Jr.

But she has the coming movie and I've heard that she is not saying she's done in interviews, so I guess you're right, it's still open. That's actually one of things that has started to put off the Marvel films now. There are no endings, whatever you see can be changed next year. And now the whole time traveling thing has really put me off. They don't even have to try to explain anything, just erase it.

As you said, a discussion for another time.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The comics world doesn't have to have endings because it is known for its reboots. (I refuse to watch Spider-Man properties that ignore Gwen Stacy. Logan will be back.)

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They also said that Guardians of the Galaxy 3 is coming, but maybe not until 2022 ? The director is busy right now.

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I've been actually asking myself if I really want to start all of this over again? Losing some of its magic I think.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Howard the Duck needs a sequel.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
I've been actually asking myself if I really want to start all of this over again? Losing some of its magic I think.
If it all just leads to another Avengers movie, then I'm not too interested either if I'm honest. However, now that the Netflix line of Marvel series has come to an end we could see a big-screen version of the Defenders with the opportunity of falling more in-line with the original comics. The first members of the 'proper' Defenders were Doctor Strange, The Hulk and the Sub-mariner. Given the confirmation of a second Doctor Strange movie combined with rumours about Namor the Sub-mariner, shifting focus to a 'new' team would make sense. I would certainly want to see that happen Smile Clap

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
Howard the Duck needs a sequel.

"Howard the Duck" is still one of my guilty pleasures. It's one of those "it's so bad, it's good" movies.

Beverly Switzler (to warn Howard): "DUCK!!

Howard the Duck: "And proud of it!" Big Grin

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Howard revival! If they could fix Deadpool they can get the duck in a successful run.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
CG technology is certainly capable of providing a better representation of Howard than the 'little guy in a suit' approach taken in the original movie which was what really made it seem worse than it was.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Apparently Sony and Disney have failed to reach an agreement on the use of Spider-Man in future Marvel Universe films.

As a result, Sony will keep making Spidey movies, but he won't appear in any MCU films over the next few years...

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Apparently Sony and Disney have failed to reach an agreement on the use of Spider-Man in future Marvel Universe films.

As a result, Sony will keep making Spidey movies, but he won't appear in any MCU films over the next few years...
Hm, anyone else taking bets on this situation changing if Venom II and the next Sony only Spiderman film bomb at the box office ? If Venom hadn't been such a suprise money-spinner for Sony, this problem wouldn't have happened.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From what I have read, alot of it is because the latest Spider-Man film is so far the # 5 film of 2019, and the biggest movie in Sony/Columbia Pictures' history.

As a result, Sony thinks that as they're making so much money off of Spider-Man, the deal that they had with Disney didn't really benefit them, that they're not getting enough $$$ from having him appear in other MCU films.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

More likely to be Sony's miscalculation. Disney won't miss Spider-Man among all the Marvel characters, but Sony got a nice boost from the connection. They wanted to squeeze Disney for a bigger share and Disney walked away, but just because the deal is dead for now doesn't mean either side wouldn't reconsider if and when the audiences start walking away. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
CG technology is certainly capable of providing a better representation of Howard than the 'little guy in a suit' approach taken in the original movie which was what really made it seem worse than it was.

Maybe we can have live-action starring the Alfac duck (Daredevil's brother). He should be teamed with Cosmo from their time together with The Collector. (How old is Cosmo by then ... about 200 dog years?)