Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Aubrey Morris of the "The Wicker Man" and "A Clockwork Orange"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aubrey Morris of the "The Wicker Man" and "A Clockwork Orange"
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted
The character actor has died at 89. This link below has his amazing "A Clockwork Orange" performance for easy view.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/...-wicker-man-characte

We have been losing British screen legends and fan favorites left and right these days, but I suppose that's the flip side to these movie stars from the 1950's through the 1970's naturally being 80 years or older today.

Dave Somerville, lead singer of the Diamonds, famed for "Little Darlin'", the first Latin sounding pop song to hit the charts, and an instant classic back in 1957, also passed away today. He was 81.

The things these guys did, so iconic that I learned of them at a very early age, already seemed to belong to some other world, but no, those people responsible for this greatness, a lot of them, and these two until today, were here on Earth with us for pretty much all of our lives (unless you're 90 years or older).

I listened to "Oldies" as early as I can remember and "Little Darlin'" was always a favorite. Both "A Clockwork Orange" and I am from 1971, but I didn't see it until I was about 10, and then saw "Wicker Man" a few years later. Both have stayed with me and only get better on repeated viewings.

Thanks to these men, one British, one Canadian, for making such lasting contributions to world culture the likes of which that has now outlived them, and I suspect will go on for generations to come.

Rest in peace, gentlemen.

Now let's every one else of us live a good while longer, huh?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post