Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    CBS Cancels CSI Miami, CSI NY, other shows
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CBS Cancels CSI Miami, CSI NY, other shows
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Heard on the radio that CBS cancelled CSI Miami, CSI NY, Unforgettable, and A Gifted Man.

Most of the other shows have been renewed

Posts: 4717 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I never understood how they had the nerve to do all those CSI shows that were just the same show set in a diffrent city.

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
At one point, NBC had 4 Law and Order shows on at the same time ! The original one, which ran for 20 years (1990-2010), Law and Order SVU (which is still on), Law and Order Criminal Intent (which ran on NBC from 2001-2007, moved to cable in 2009, and was cancelled in 2011), and Law and Order Trial by Jury (which only lasted 1 or 2 years)

When the first show ended in 2010, they replaced it with Law and Order Los Angeles, but that ended after 1 year. Only SVU is left.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4717 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
David:

Are you certain about this? I have been following it and have heard that those are the CBS shows that haven't gotten renewals when they made their announcement yesterday. They didn't say they were cancelled, only that they hadn't been renewed yet.

Just curious. I also did a quick web search and didn't see any of the entertainment sites reporting these were cancelled.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Heard it on 1010 WINS News Radio on the way to work this morning. Perhaps I wasn't completely awake and needed that 2nd cup of coffee ? Smile

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Heard it on 1010 WINS News Radio on the way to work this morning. Perhaps I wasn't completely awake and needed that 2nd cup of coffee ? Smile

OK, no biggie. I was just curious. Beleive it or not, I'm involved in a TV pool where we pick the new shows that will make it to a Season 2 so I follow this stuff. Yes, I'm a dweeb. Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
They have been cancelled just yet, but they also have not been renewed at the moment.

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
At one point, NBC had 4 Law and Order shows on at the same time ! The original one, which ran for 20 years (1990-2010), Law and Order SVU (which is still on), Law and Order Criminal Intent (which ran on NBC from 2001-2007, moved to cable in 2009, and was cancelled in 2011), and Law and Order Trial by Jury (which only lasted 1 or 2 years)

When the first show ended in 2010, they replaced it with Law and Order Los Angeles, but that ended after 1 year. Only SVU is left.

Law and Order: UK, is still going.

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Since I don't watch any of them I wouldn't care if any CSI was cancelled. Big Grin

Not only are they all the same show in a different city, nearly all the "cop" shows on network TV are the same show with a different cast.

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I watched the first season of CSI:Miami, then got sick of it. Only watched a couple of episodes of NY and didn't like it at all. Watched the original for a few years, but found it boring after a while. Though I must admit I tuned back into the episodes to see Warrick get killed, Grissom leave and Sarah returning Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is is now official. CSI Miami and Unforgettable are CANCELLED

CSI NY is coming back

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Heard that one of the cable networks might be interested in picking up Unforgettable because it had fairly good ratings, if anyone cares.

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post