Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury dies at 91
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Now there's a bit of news I could do without. One of the all-time great Science Fiction writers has passed away at the very respectable age of 91. he was a great, life-time friend of stop-motion animation master Ray Harryhausen who reaches the the age of 92 later this month. I hope this news doesn't hasten his departure.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Mr. Bradbury.

My 8th grade teacher issued your short story book The Illustrated Man to me, way back when, and it just reinforced my love of the SciFi genre. Thank you for the many cherished hours reading your words.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A little something from my memorabilia collection. This is an original copy of the edition of the Saturday Evening Post in which Ray Bradbury's short story 'The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms' was published. Great little story Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That is a wonderful illustration and I think the old movie of The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms had a very similar scene with the lighthouse.

I also got introduced to Bradbury's works in school. I can remember very distinctly having to write a book report on Fahrenheit 451 in English class.

I wonder if his writings are still studied as much now, they should be. RIP Mr. Bradbury.

Posts: 10387 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post