Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted
Just watched the trailer for this movie which is slated for next summer. This could be huge! I hope someone gets the license for this.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The ads are now running for this movie, so it should open this month. It has already been reported that the studio is signing actors for the second instalment of the story Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes. I guess they are a confident bunch. Wink

Anyway, looks like a cross between Buffy, Twilight and Grimm. I never read the books, so that's only the impression I got. I don't think there are too many original ideas in this genre anymore, they just pile them on top of each other. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The trailer to Beautiful Creatues looked good as well-what a bore. They also had high hopes for The Host. Licensing is expensive and I don't blame companies for being a bit cautious unless a film proves to be aa hit.

quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
Just watched the trailer for this movie which is slated for next summer. This could be huge! I hope someone gets the license for this.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
The trailer to Beautiful Creatues looked good as well-what a bore. They also had high hopes for The Host. Licensing is expensive and I don't blame companies for being a bit cautious unless a film proves to be aa hit.
[/QUOTE]

Leaf has the license for Mortal Instruments and has annouced a fairly limited card set. It should be released soon, if it is still on schedule. See the other thread for news.

I agree with you about Beautiful Creatures and The Host being similar in nature to Mortal Instruments and those movies were bombs. The source material is all billed as fantasy series for young adult readers. I hope that they are better on the printed page than in the snyopsis.

I read the Mortal Instruments edited stories on Wiki and it is garbage as far as I can make out, so I'm no longer interested in the seeing the film. Some of the autograph cards still look pretty good however.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I thought the trailer looked decent -- a real Buffy vibe, and I like Lily Collins and Lena Headey. I won't be buying any of the card set, since $75 boxes aren't for me, but I am on vacation at the end of the month and will probably see the movie at a matinee showing.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Be interesting to see the boxoffice numbers on this opening weekend. The reviews on Mortal Instruments have been awful and worse than awful. At the same time Simon Peg's World's End seems to have gotten very good reviews, so that's the one I want to see.