Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Michael Clarke Duncan dead at 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Clarke Duncan dead at 54
 Login/Join

Picture of miket999
posted
The 6-foot-5, 300 pound Duncan appeared in dozens of films, including such box office hits as "Armageddon," ''Planet of the Apes" and "Kung Fu Panda," Duncan had a handful of minor roles before "The Green Mile" brought him an Academy Award nomination for best supporting actor.

Duncan died Monday morning in a Los Angeles hospital after nearly two months of treatment following the July 13 heart attack.

I loved his portrayal of Bear in the movie Armageddon as well as his role in the Green Mile.

RIP.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
This is very sad news, I thought he was recovering from the heart attack he had a couple of months ago. He always seemed like a nice guy and had a lot friends. RIP Big Guy.

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Very sad news and only 54 Frown

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
He was always smiling and had a great laugh, what a loss!
He was wonderful as John Coffey in the Green Mile. It was the role he was born to play and he nailed it acting opposite some of the finest veterans actors in the business.

I liked him as Kingpin in Daredevil, also, especially the R rated version and his character of Manute in Sin City appears in some of the other as yet unfilmed stories, so he likely would have reprised his role in any future Sin City movies.

What a shame, I hoped he was getting better.

Rest in peace, "Big Mike". Condolences to Omarosa, his family, friends, and fans.

Posts: 3325 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post