Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Joe Kubert
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted
I just heard that Joe Kubert passed away. Sad news indeed. Farewell to a legend. Frown

http://www.bleedingcool.com/20...bert-passes-aged-85/

Posts: 2289 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Sad news. He was a great artist.
The good news is that somehow his sons are keeping the Kubert name alive and famous for fans evetywhere.
Rest in peace. Angel

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Igrew up reading Sgt Rock, Joe Kubert was one of the first comic artists whose style I came to recognize. Always liked his work.

Posts: 2913 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Joe, with his school, produced some of the finest comics in my collection. No-one drew Hawkman like Joe. Dispite his advancing years, his art never got old.
Rest in peace Angel

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
He was a true master, and he taught not only his accomplished sons how to draw, but a whole generation (or two) of artists besides with his Kubert school. He will be missed, but what a body of work he has left behind.
Rest in Peace, Joe.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post