Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Happy 92nd Birthday Ray Harryhausen
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy 92nd Birthday Ray Harryhausen
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Actually, it was his birthday yesterday 29th June but I was too busy celebrating the event to think of posting about it here Big Grin

But seriously, with all the sad news of various celebrities who have passed away already this year it makes a change to report one who is still going strong. Ray is not as active as he once was but is still working. He'll be recording commentary tracks for Blu-ray versions of some of his films being released in the near future.

Fans can follow the celebrations on the recently opened Ray Harryhausen Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages...tion/125012827632564

where they will be running 92 days of celebrations Thumb Up

I spent most of yesterday at the Tape Arts Centre in North Wales where they screened 'Jason and the Argonauts' and 'Mysterious Island' to a small but appreciative audience of his fans Smile

Memories of Ray's 90th (any excuse to dig these out again !)

Me handing over a birthday card to Ray on his birthday:

I was not alone:

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Excellent post. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post