Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Anyone Watch Comic Book Men?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Watch Comic Book Men?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted
I saw the first episode and it was tough to watch, but it has grown on me and since it is filmed close to where I live I have started to find it enjoyable. They went to a comic show at the Howell Elks this week (turned out it was cancelled but they did not know it) I'm sure Headless and I went to a card show there back in the day. They do cover a lot of cool geek stuff but no cards - yet!! Maybe I should make a visit to the Secret Stash and try to sell some non-sports cards! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I'm watching it - I think it's pretty awesome so far.
You should definitely take like some Marvel or DC cards in there, that would be fun to see.

How about the guy with the "most rendered Superman crotch ever"? lol

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I just watched the latest episode today! it's such a fun show, and I'm really enjoying it.

Batman, you totally should! You might just end up on the show, if you make it interesting enough Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
Yeah I watch it and find it enjoyable. Cool insight into the collectable comics world. I too would like to see non-spots cards. You should totally do it Batman!

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I watched part of one episode as I know someone who was on it. I don't mean that to sound pretentious or whatever. But Jonathan Baylis, who does So Buttons (and used to work for Topps), was on one of the episodes recently and so I watched to see his "TV Debut" or whatever. It was OK...not my kind of show though maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. It's its got Batman's seal of approval, maybe I should try it again. Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
My 12 year old and I have watched a few episodes, kinda hard with some of the sexual overtones to watch with a kid at times...we shall see.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I watch the show after The Walking Dead every Sunday night. I almost stopped watching it after the first episode, because that big guy with the beard, Bryon Johnson really pissed me off when he was breaking Ming's Star Trek collector plates at that outside flea market. Man, what an a-hole !

But the show is a total rip-off of Pawn Stars, but it's still good because you get to see what some memorabilia is worth and what is just junk.

I heard that when people come into the store to sell their stuff, they tape those segments during after-hours. Maybe because it's such a small store ?

What gets me is how three grown men can support themselves and their families working at a comic book store. They either move a boat load of product ? Or they sell a lot of stuff on eBay, or both?
Or Kevin Smith must have a lot of disposable income to carry this place ? In my opinion, of course.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Don't get the show, but the topic came up at, where else, my LHS. The owner said he watched it and didn't expect it to be on long. He thought it was boring.

I guess it would be the same thing as someone filming our jobs. Big Grin

Posts: 10376 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
New episode on the East Coast in just minutes!!!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
Thanks to this topic I begin to watch the episodes. The series is really focus to Comic Book collectors as the title specify. So anyone that don't know about the topic will find it boring and lost in space.

I really don't like the attitude of some people that go to the store to sell "their" stuff. For example the blond woman with the "trash" comic books, the "movie" memorabilia seller, the hippie guy with the Secret Wars Collection get in a flea market, and the broken Godzilla.

If you want "fast money" from an item you get for free or some cents that you aren't interesting to collect. Just go and sell it.

If you want more money for it. Try to sell it in eBay with an Reserve and hope that you don't get a PayPal hold or get trapped by a scammer.

Now about some people asking info or to sell nice things. I was surprise with the Jedi light saber and the old comic books he got from grandma.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post