Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quotes Game 2.0
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Here are the rules originally posted by Raven:

quote:
The goal is to have participation and not necessarily stump the board. To that end, if you are going to play you have to pick a reasonable quote, you have to give basic year and type data, and most importantly you have to come back at least once a week to declare a winner or give a clue. You can give up to 2 clues and the quote may last up to 21 days after its posted, but then the answer must be revealed. No single quote is left more than 3 weeks.

As with other games, the winner of the quote picks the next one. This is where most games die because the winner never comes back with a new game or no one knows the quote and the poster never comes back with an answer. PLEASE all players have to monitor their quotes or it doesn't work.

So here's certain ground rules. You have to say if its TV or movie.

You have to give a type:
Comedy
Horror
Si-Fi
Action
Fantasy
Drama
Or any combination of the above

If from a movie, you must state decade of release, 70s, 80s, etc.

If from a TV show, you must state current or off air, and if it is not international you must state country, UK only, etc.

If there is no winner after one week the poster must give a hint. If no one still gets it a second hint can be given, but after three weeks we need the answer. The original poster than picks another one within 3 days. No one can command the board for more than 3 quotes in a row. We want people to be able to play.

If the quote gets abandoned, I will stop it and throw out another one, but I'm not moderating so I hope that the game will get started and keep going on its own. As I said, if you can think of better guidelines please post them.

I think we're pretty lenient about posting clues, though (decade, genre) unless someone asks or enough players are stumped.

That being said, here's an appropriate quote to start the next round:

Patron: "Do you ever have deja vu, Mrs. Lancaster?"
Waitress: "I don't think so, but I could check with the kitchen. "

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Groundhog Day Big Grin

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
Groundhog Day Big Grin

Right on! Your turn.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Miss Lizzy should now put up the same quote again. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Miss Lizzy should now put up the same quote again. Big Grin

Haha - too bad I'm just not that clever.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
New quote:

"I need a horse!"
"We don't have horses. Just dogs, cats, birds..."
"Then give me one of those large enough to ride."

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the sort of line the Prince would have come out with in 'Enchanted' once he reached our World.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
Sounds like the sort of line the Prince would have come out with in 'Enchanted' once he reached our World.

Nope - it's a newer movie.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Thor!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHouseman:
Thor!

I think that's it! This one was driving me crazy, I knew I'd recently heard it.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHouseman:
Thor!

Yep! Big Grin
You're up!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Okay, here's one from a fairly popular film from 5-10 years ago:

"Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
is this Shaun of the Dead. ?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Yep, sure is! Your turn!

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Film......60's

"America is full of millionaires"

"But Father, are there no ill clad or ill housed in America?"

"Aye, but they're the best ill clad and the best ill housed in the world"

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Bump! Probably time for a clue!

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
No Ginger this time round just a Pet.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well I was going to guess The Magic Christian.

With that clue, I have no idea. Big Grin

Posts: 10378 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
No Ginger this time round just a Pet.
Please can we have a clue to explain the cryptic clue ? Big Grin

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He means it is a Fred Astaire film, which does not have Ginger Rogers as his co star.

A clue for the second word of a two word title would be comeplete the following song title from the Wizard of Oz: "Somewhere over the ......."

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post