Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice Official Trailer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice Official Trailer
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted
Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice Official Trailer

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
It definitely gives a very strong atmosphere, but not much more. I'd call it a teaser if anything, but I'd really need to see more to get excited (beyond being familiar with the characters already.)

I used to absolutely love the Justice League when I was younger, and I was immediately at the cinema to see Snyder's Watchmen at release, but I do feel a little underwhelmed by this movie so far. Really hope it impresses! Especially against the competition of Civil War and 3(!) X-Men movies that year.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine I'm going to like this film. I was so disappointed by Man of Steel. I thought it was all style and no substance. And as far as Batman goes, Christopher Nolan's trilogy is the be-all and end-all for me.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I am hoping this turns out to be a great movie...

I have my doubts but I am still hoping.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I thought it was all style and no substance. And as far as Batman goes, Christopher Nolan's trilogy is the be-all and end-all for me.

To be fair I think that is the case with every Snyder film I've ever seen. Sucker Punch I think the most extreme case. Very stylistic.

I wasn't too fussed about either Batman Begins or The Dark Knight Rises. Especially Rises actually - I think I had my hopes too high following The Dark Knight, which I do love A LOT.

Interestingly this trailer reminds me a fair bit of the dialogue from the Iron Man 2 trailer in regards to seeing a god bleed.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I actually kind of liked the imagery in this one.

However not being heavy into comics, I really have no idea what I'm supposed to think about it, beyond what seems like a lot of populist political rhetoric being thrown in to make it seem more relevant and less like superheroes. Wink

The bit about "absolute power corrupts" is not the newest of ideas, now is it? Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post