Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Frank Miller Writing a Sequel to the Dark Knight Returns...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frank Miller Writing a Sequel to the Dark Knight Returns...
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted
Frank Miller Writing Sequel to the Dark Knight Returns...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
This is part three as the original follow-up to the beloved 1986 original was "The Dark Knight Strikes" from 2001 and it is fairly well reviled.

Let's hope Miller's mojo returns with this one, but he hasn't been himself for a while now, possibly having been driven mad by the state of the world today.

He has a fine writer, Brian Azzarello, working with him this time around, so hopefully, that'll make this Dark Knight triumphant.

Posts: 3329 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Frank Miller's Twitter Page with the Announcement...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
This is part three as the original follow-up to the beloved 1986 original was "The Dark Knight Strikes" from 2001 and it is fairly well reviled.

Let's hope Miller's mojo returns with this one, but he hasn't been himself for a while now, possibly having been driven mad by the state of the world today.

He has a fine writer, Brian Azzarello, working with him this time around, so hopefully, that'll make this Dark Knight triumphant.

I am hoping it will be great... I guess we will have to wait and see.

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
DK2 is just an odd piece of work. If you take away The Dark Knight Returns it is a brilliant piece of insanity. Compare it to the Dark Knight Returns and you will hate it was a passion. So, for me-it works. I started reading comics when I was 5 and I am 40 now and it is one of around 50 series I still think about.

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
DK2 is just an odd piece of work. If you take away The Dark Knight Returns it is a brilliant piece of insanity. Compare it to the Dark Knight Returns and you will hate it was a passion. So, for me-it works. I started reading comics when I was 5 and I am 40 now and it is one of around 50 series I still think about.

I also started collecting around 5 and am currently 40 Wink

As for DK2, it was really different than the first one but I actually liked it a bit more for whatever reason. I always felt that the Dark Knight Returns was way overrated and the second one felt almost over the top crazy by comparison and that somehow made it work for me.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post