Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movies Coming in 2022-2023
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
A list of comic book, sci-fi, action, horror and other sequels:

Scream
Morbius (Marvel vampire)
The Batman
Doctor Strange 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Legally Blonde 3
Thor 4
John Wick 4
Top Gun 2
Jurassic World 3
Minions 2
Black Panther 2
Fantastic Beasts 3
Indiana Jones 5
Black Adam (Shazam spin-off)
Mission Impossible 7
Ant Man 3
Spider Man into the Spider-Verse 2
Halloween Ends
The Flash
The Marvels
Aquaman 2

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That's an awful lot of numbers. Even the few that don't have numbers could have numbers. Big Grin

It feels like Morbius has been hanging around for ages since that first trailer a long time ago.

Not officially scheduled yet, but likely for later 2022 is Borderlands. That's my first and really only big choice. Halloween Ends, Scream and Jurassic World 3 just to catch the next and hopefully final movie.

All the rest of those mentioned are a big ZZZZZZZ for me.

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On the list above, 7 are Marvel movies and 4 are DC Comics related

Also, there is an animated Super Pets movie in the spring with Superman's dog, Krypto, so there are 5 DC Movies, actually

And Disney has in the fall "Hocus Pocus 2" with Bette Midler, the sequel to the 1993 kids' movie about the 3 witches

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Disney have announced they are delaying a lot of their Marvel films, some will not been seen until 2023.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It appears that Indiana Jones 5, The Marvels, and Ant Man 3 are now off until 2023.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Add to the list of films being released this year, The Expendables 4 with Sly Stallone, although it has not yet been announced what month it is coming.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
It appears that Indiana Jones 5, The Marvels, and Ant Man 3 are now off until 2023.

Indy 5 just wrapped filming. I don't know how much post-production they need, but unless they made an official announcement is there any chance it gets released this year?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
Indy 5 just wrapped filming. I don't know how much post-production they need, but unless they made an official announcement is there any chance it gets released this year?

Very doubtful. In fact, I see a date of June 30, 2023 for release, but that could always change too.

The thing is that there is a huge backlog of major movies that wrapped in 2020 and 2021 and they can't find enough good dates to come out in theatres. Indy 5 needs a holiday week or a prime June/July weekend, preferably when there is no big competition, and it gets all the money. But they all want that, so 2022 is already booked solid and some of the lesser titles will still probably have to be diverted to streaming just to get rid of them and make room.

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mission Impossible 7, Aquaman 2, and The Flash have been moved to 2023.

Meanwhile, Shazam 2 has been moved back from 2023 to a December 2022 release.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
The thing is that there is a huge backlog of major movies that wrapped in 2020 and 2021 and they can't find enough good dates to come out in theatres.

Looking at the schedule I thought it was odd that Morbius gave Bat-Man the entire month of March. This weekend would have been better I think. Now Morbius is going to run into Sonic and Fantastic Beasts within the following two weeks after it is released.

Posts: 4845 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah, nobody wanted to have their movie go into early competition with "The Batman" because they knew they just wouldn't get enough business.

I don't know that "Morbius" tops for more than one week anyway. Jared Leto takes the parts when they can't get Joaquin Phoenix. Phoenix is the King of weird and Leto is always trying to be weird. Any 50 year old man who walks around in gold satin pants and a purple cape is trying to be weird. Big Grin

I don't think either Leto or Morbius are guaranteed the following for a huge blockbuster and this movie was done so long ago that it has dust on it. But that it comes out in still a pretty sweet window should help it a lot. There is no big film against it on the 1st and even Sonic coming out the following weekend is playing to a different audience.

I think it would have to be really bad not to make money.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"Clerks 3" (Kevin Smith) is being released this fall

And they are starting to film "My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3" in Europe

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Clerks 3" (Kevin Smith) is being released this fall

And they are starting to film "My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3" in Europe

Poor Kevin Smith, all of that dope smoking has destroyed is ability to create anything original.

Will I watch it? Probably.

Posts: 4845 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The first one was a sleeper hit, but "My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2" was just dreadful. There is zero reason to go for the trilogy here, but I'm sure it will be done on the cheap with the hope that name recognition gets one decent opening weekend.

Original? What's that? Movie and TV audiences seem happy to reclaim past characters and reconnect to old stories. Maybe it's a byproduct of trying to get beyond COVID by going backwards, but nostalgia looks to rule now. By next year that may change.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"Greek Wedding 2" cost 18 M to make and it made over 90 M when it was released in 2016

Nowhere near the 368 M of the first one, but I guess enough to make a profit

Nia Vardalos tried doing other movies over the past 20 years, but she's pretty much known only for the Greek films. Nothing else she did was a hit.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Greek Wedding 2" cost 18 M to make and it made over 90 M when it was released in 2016

Nowhere near the 368 M of the first one, but I guess enough to make a profit.

That's the thing right there. "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" was a little film with no stars, no budget and it caught on. "Wedding 2" was riding the coattails so it got an audience and still was made cheap enough. But did you see it?

I did. They were doing a multi-generational story with bad acting, no comedy and practically no plot. Just people who wouldn't stop talking about nothing and it was supposed to be a heartwarming family film. It was terrible, boring to the point of being unwatchable. There is a reason why we haven't heard much from Nia Vardalos since. She wrote the thing too. #3 will also have another Greek wedding, probably the adult children. I'm out already. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No, I did not see the 2nd film.

You may remember that there was also a very short lived TV series version of this back in 2003. It only lasted 7 episodes and they replaced John Corbett as her husband with someone else, as he was not available to reprise his role. However, the show was cancelled after 2 months.

On the TV show, they also changed some of the characters names around, for reasons unknown.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Coming November 2023, another "Hunger Games" movie

When will it end ?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Also set for next year is "Barbie", starring Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling. Proving that no part is too idiotic for serious, dedicated actors as long as the money is right.

I don't know why this actually offends me so much right now. Live action movies based on toys are always done, yet "Barbie" seems so inappropriate to me. Of course others say they can't wait to see it, but I don't know if that's because they are expecting a campy version of the "Barbie" dream life.

According to an article I just read, "Instead of a fluffy, upbeat love story, the movie will shine a light on social issues - tackling feminism, misogyny and other gender issues". Let's make "Barbie" relevant. That sounds even worse than camp. Exactly who is the target audience for this and who needs the lessons?

This has disaster written all over it, unless you think it will be a blockbuster. Honestly, I can't tell anymore, so it could go either way. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Ryan Gosling saved jazz with "Lala Land", then he saved science fiction with "Blade Runner 2049" before most recently saving James Bond with "The Gray Man". Next year, he intends to save toy-based movies.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post