Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movies Coming in 2022-2023
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you worry when they say they're going to make Barbie "relevant." Is the Barbie Dream House going solar? Is Barbie working as a park ranger? You know, there was a real "Paleontologist Barbie" doll years ago though her clothes looked too clean.

They just can't mess with it too much. Otherwise, you get that last "Charlie's Angels" movie that was heavy into relevant but no fun at all. Take a page from the McG Charlie's Angels movies of twenty years ago. You can have strong heroines and still play with the old show.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Also set for next year is "Barbie", starring Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling. Proving that no part is too idiotic for serious, dedicated actors as long as the money is right.

I don't know why this actually offends me so much right now. Live action movies based on toys are always done, yet "Barbie" seems so inappropriate to me. Of course others say they can't wait to see it, but I don't know if that's because they are expecting a campy version of the "Barbie" dream life.

According to an article I just read, "Instead of a fluffy, upbeat love story, the movie will shine a light on social issues - tackling feminism, misogyny and other gender issues". Let's make "Barbie" relevant. That sounds even worse than camp. Exactly who is the target audience for this and who needs the lessons?

This has disaster written all over it, unless you think it will be a blockbuster. Honestly, I can't tell anymore, so it could go either way. Big Grin

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
More Movies Coming in 2023:

Fast X (the latest Fast and Furious film)
Creed 3
Equalizer 3
Mission Impossible 7
Another Transformers film
Disney's Little Mermaid
John Wick 4
Scream 6
Another Ghostbusters
Another TMNT

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Plus, here's the yet-to-be released titles from your October, 2021 list. I think these range from totally done to not even started:

Legally Blonde 3
Black Panther 2
Indiana Jones 5
Black Adam (Shazam spin-off)
Ant Man 3
Spider Man into the Spider-Verse 2
Halloween Ends
The Flash
The Marvels
Aquaman 2

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I read that nothing has happened yet with Legally Blonde 3

The actors are on board, but there is no script, and certainly nothing has been filmed

But it's been on the schedule for at least 2-3 years

I didn't realize that there is yet another GHOSTBUSTERS film coming in late 2023, but apparently so

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Out of all those - who is interested ?

Indy

Wick

Finished

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Disney has a live action "Pinocchio" with Tom Hanks coming next month, September.

And in November there is will be another Pinocchio in the theaters with Ewan McGregor, Christoph Waltz, and Tilda Swinton. This one was actually made 2 years ago, and it has had a delayed release.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That second Pinocchio is made by Guillermo del Toro and is billed as a stop-motion animated musical fantasy film with an all-star voice cast.

How stupid! The same thing happened a few years ago when different versions of "The Jungle Book" had to be layered to get out. These are classic stories that have been filmed every which way possible, but the first ones were always the best. Is there a demand for one more Pinocchio, let alone two? Roll Eyes

And by the way, Pinocchio is just another one of those miserable Disney classics that will give small children nightmares about what happens to you when you are a bad little boy. I'm not kidding either. Hate to see del Toro's weird take on it, singing and dancing won't help. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The next "Beverly Hills Cop" film (the fourth one) with Eddie Murphy is confirmed for next year.

But it won't be in the theaters, it is being released on Netflix.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Heard today that "Star Trek 4" is not happening in 2023, as the director quit to do the new "Fantastic Four" movie instead.

And they announced that Hugh Jackman is coming back as Wolverine in "Deadpool 3" in 2024.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Expendables 4 with Stallone now coming Sept 2023

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I think with the relationship between Hugh and Ryan DP3 has the potential to be the highest grossing of the 3 films. Really looking forward to this one.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
While looking for something else, I saw that a third "Equalizer" movie with Denzel Washington is in the works.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
While looking for something else, I saw that a third "Equalizer" movie with Denzel Washington is in the works.

Whatever for? The first one was just OK. The second one was just bad and pointlessly redundant. Washington is just collecting money for this title, but this series should be streaming fodder only.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Denzel Washington "just collecting money" is still better than most movies that get made. I'll watch it.

Posts: 2200 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Only one actor was good as 'The Equalizer' and that was the late Edward Woodward who created the role in the original TV series Smile Though even that was really a sort of watered down sequel to 'Callan', the series that made his name here in the UK Smile

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
You must've not seen how well Queen Latifah plays it yet. It's the 6th best show on network TV.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I liked Queen Latifah's first season too - just haven't gotten around to watching the second season yet. The original show was great and so was Washington's first movie. I haven't seen the second one yet.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
You must've not seen how well Queen Latifah plays it yet. It's the 6th best show on network TV.
I have seen her take on the part and I stand by what I said Smile

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Warner Bros. announced today that there will NOT be a fourth "Fantastic Beasts" film, although it was supposed to be a series of 5

Instead, they claim that they are going to work with J.K. Rowling to do MORE Harry Potter films

In the same article, they claim that they will be doing more "Lord of the Rings" and "Sex in the City" films.

We will see.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Just watched del Toro's version of Pinocchio on Netflix. It was actually really good. Plenty of autograph card support in the cast.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post