Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

R.I.P. Herbert Lom at 95
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Another one of the few remaining true cinema legends has passed away. Herbert Lom has died aged 95. It would take too long to list all of his films here, so this is a link to his obit over on the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19743817

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I seem to have been watching him all my life, very sad. Frown

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Remember his twitching eye in the pink Panther flicks... Mr. Lom was hilarious!

Also recall piling into my HS buddy's car with the gang to go see Mark of the Devil at the Drive-in (3-4 of them were open in Rockland Co way back then) Don't think I got the free vomit bag though.

Thanks for posting... Always found Herbert Lom performances were interesting to watch.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
For a long time Lom always played the role of the sinister doctor, the sinister lawyer, the sinister relative . . . Big Grin He was a familar face in the Peter Lorre mold. I can't remember that he was ever the star in anything.

Then he did the Pink Panther movies and a lot of people only remember him for that part now, but he had a great run. RIP Mr. Lom.

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
"hahahaha...he pulled...the wrong tooth...hahahaha...only one man could be so stupid....hahahaha...it's Clouseau....hahahaha....kill him!!!"

A fine actor in many genres, Herbert had a nice and understated role in the "Dead Zone" movie opposite Christopher Walken, and nailed it, just like he did his more, shall we say, bombastic roles.

Rest in peace, Mr. Lom.

Posts: 3325 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He was the star of the 1962 film version of The Phantom of the Opera

Unfortunately, it appears that his last movie was the awful 1993 "Son of the Pink Panther."

Posts: 4716 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post