Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special: The Day of the Doctor.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special: The Day of the Doctor.
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kennywood,

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Watching this in 3D will be an option for people in lots of places around the World. Here in the UK it will be showing in cinemas in 3D on November 23rd for people who want to see it on the big screen first. The BBC have a web page set up to let everyone find out if it is showing at a cinema near them at a convenient time:

http://www.doctorwho.tv/watch-the-day-of-the-doctor/

The search covers locations Worldwide. I'll probably be watching it at home...but still in 3D Big Grin

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Surprisingly some cinemas have already sold out of tickets, even though it is on TV at the same time. Eek

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
Surprisingly some cinemas have already sold out of tickets, even though it is on TV at the same time. Eek
How many opportunities are there going to be to watch a feature length episode of Dr Who on a big screen in 3D at a cinema ? I'm surprised they haven't sold out all of the UK tickets already. Remember how fast the Dr Who Proms tickets flew out the door this year ?

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Got my tickets (I'm going with my sister). As was said before, when would you get an opportunity for something as great as this?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Just saw this thread....I will have to get tickets

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It would be amazing if they gave out something at this event. I am not a big fan of posters but I would take anything rare that I don't already have on Doctor Who. Got my ticket last week.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
The first trailer is now up on the BBC website, looks exciting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
This is one not to be missed! The BBC have done some excellent dramas based on Steptoe & Son and Hughie Green. No reason to believe this won't be top-notch as well Thumb Up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A...re_in_Space_and_Time

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
There is a mini-episode 'The Night of the Doctor' on the BBC's Red button service this Saturday, it will also be made available on their web site.

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
There is a mini-episode 'The Night of the Doctor' on the BBC's Red button service this Saturday, it will also be made available on their web site.

What is red button service?

I am going to try and go if a theater nearby has it.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
What is red button service?

It's an extra digital channel for UK viewers, the minisodes are usually put on the BBC's web site at the same time.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
'The night of the doctor' is now available to watch on the BBC website, look WHO's back. Elephant Elephant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/e...Night_Of_The_Doctor/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Tell the family to get a taxi and you will be home when Dr Who has finished, you really must get your priority's sorted. Smile

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Family will understand. Smile

And if they don't you should tell them how much a hotel will cost. Big Grin

Posts: 10371 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Well, the episode has been and gone. If you haven't seen it yet, don't read any further...SPOILERS!!!

Loved the story. Best bits were the fact Rose was never mentioned by name It does however pose the question as to how the War Doctor knew she really existed, rather than a figment of his imagination. Also the fact that the sonic screwdriver is a computer, although it must be an Amstrad to take 400 years to calculate something that had already been done albeit on a smaller scale.
Biggest peeve of the episode...How long would it have taken Christopher Eccleston to film a 2 second cameo? Shame on him for ignoring a show that brought him to mass prominence to an audience that may not have seen him before. Shake Head
Biggest disappointment of the presentation at Romford Vue...The missed chance to show the Red Button minisode before hand. I don't know what it was like elsewhere, but the sound was way lower than any film I've seen recently. The orchestration should have been blearing! The 3D was also very, and wrongly underused. The only 3D scene that was good enough was the helicopter carrying the Tardis. As for the rest, it seemed like a "Look what we can do" show-and-tell.

Did anyone else get any extras? Any goodies handed out?

All in all, wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
I also enjoyed the 'Five(ish) Doctors Reboot', really funny. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Don't forget that the BBC are not pursueing 3D and this Dr Who special was one of the last programmes meant to have been made in the genre.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Don't forget that the BBC are not pursueing 3D and this Dr Who special was one of the last programmes meant to have been made in the genre.

Still think they got lazy and had a director that didn't understand 3D.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
It could just have been the build up of the hype but personally Didnt think much of any of the programme

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post