Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special: The Day of the Doctor.

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/958604453/m/6907043436

October 25, 2013, 10:41 AM
Kennywood
Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special: The Day of the Doctor.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kennywood,

October 25, 2013, 11:21 AM
Kevin F
Watching this in 3D will be an option for people in lots of places around the World. Here in the UK it will be showing in cinemas in 3D on November 23rd for people who want to see it on the big screen first. The BBC have a web page set up to let everyone find out if it is showing at a cinema near them at a convenient time:

http://www.doctorwho.tv/watch-the-day-of-the-doctor/

The search covers locations Worldwide. I'll probably be watching it at home...but still in 3D Big Grin
October 25, 2013, 04:38 PM
WOMBLE
Surprisingly some cinemas have already sold out of tickets, even though it is on TV at the same time. Eek
October 25, 2013, 04:45 PM
Kevin F
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
Surprisingly some cinemas have already sold out of tickets, even though it is on TV at the same time. Eek
How many opportunities are there going to be to watch a feature length episode of Dr Who on a big screen in 3D at a cinema ? I'm surprised they haven't sold out all of the UK tickets already. Remember how fast the Dr Who Proms tickets flew out the door this year ?
October 28, 2013, 04:10 AM
Graham
Got my tickets (I'm going with my sister). As was said before, when would you get an opportunity for something as great as this?
October 31, 2013, 08:49 AM
stevetrek
Just saw this thread....I will have to get tickets
November 04, 2013, 02:12 PM
FRANK AMICO
It would be amazing if they gave out something at this event. I am not a big fan of posters but I would take anything rare that I don't already have on Doctor Who. Got my ticket last week.
November 09, 2013, 01:26 PM
WOMBLE
The first trailer is now up on the BBC website, looks exciting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,
November 13, 2013, 06:35 AM
Graham
This is one not to be missed! The BBC have done some excellent dramas based on Steptoe & Son and Hughie Green. No reason to believe this won't be top-notch as well Thumb Up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A...re_in_Space_and_Time
November 13, 2013, 12:02 PM
WOMBLE
There is a mini-episode 'The Night of the Doctor' on the BBC's Red button service this Saturday, it will also be made available on their web site.
November 13, 2013, 01:09 PM
ifish73
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
There is a mini-episode 'The Night of the Doctor' on the BBC's Red button service this Saturday, it will also be made available on their web site.

What is red button service?

I am going to try and go if a theater nearby has it.
November 13, 2013, 03:34 PM
WOMBLE
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
What is red button service?

It's an extra digital channel for UK viewers, the minisodes are usually put on the BBC's web site at the same time.
November 14, 2013, 07:24 AM
WOMBLE
'The night of the doctor' is now available to watch on the BBC website, look WHO's back. Elephant Elephant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/e...Night_Of_The_Doctor/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,
November 20, 2013, 11:57 AM
wolfie
Tell the family to get a taxi and you will be home when Dr Who has finished, you really must get your priority's sorted. Smile

November 23, 2013, 06:13 PM
Raven
Family will understand. Smile

And if they don't you should tell them how much a hotel will cost. Big Grin
November 24, 2013, 11:25 AM
Graham
Well, the episode has been and gone. If you haven't seen it yet, don't read any further...SPOILERS!!!

Loved the story. Best bits were the fact Rose was never mentioned by name It does however pose the question as to how the War Doctor knew she really existed, rather than a figment of his imagination. Also the fact that the sonic screwdriver is a computer, although it must be an Amstrad to take 400 years to calculate something that had already been done albeit on a smaller scale.
Biggest peeve of the episode...How long would it have taken Christopher Eccleston to film a 2 second cameo? Shame on him for ignoring a show that brought him to mass prominence to an audience that may not have seen him before. Shake Head
Biggest disappointment of the presentation at Romford Vue...The missed chance to show the Red Button minisode before hand. I don't know what it was like elsewhere, but the sound was way lower than any film I've seen recently. The orchestration should have been blearing! The 3D was also very, and wrongly underused. The only 3D scene that was good enough was the helicopter carrying the Tardis. As for the rest, it seemed like a "Look what we can do" show-and-tell.

Did anyone else get any extras? Any goodies handed out?

All in all, wouldn't have missed it for the world.
November 24, 2013, 01:41 PM
WOMBLE
I also enjoyed the 'Five(ish) Doctors Reboot', really funny. Big Grin
November 24, 2013, 02:51 PM
JOHN LEVITT
Don't forget that the BBC are not pursueing 3D and this Dr Who special was one of the last programmes meant to have been made in the genre.

November 24, 2013, 04:37 PM
Graham
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Don't forget that the BBC are not pursueing 3D and this Dr Who special was one of the last programmes meant to have been made in the genre.

Still think they got lazy and had a director that didn't understand 3D.
November 24, 2013, 05:34 PM
john the hat
It could just have been the build up of the hype but personally Didnt think much of any of the programme