hammer
David Bowie RIP
Sad news that David Bowie passed away.
January 11, 2016, 03:18 AM
WOMBLE
A genuine rock star, very sad. Frown
January 11, 2016, 03:48 AM
NIK
Awful news. My total inspiration since 1972.
R.I.P David

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.
January 11, 2016, 06:16 AM
Raven
Totally shocked, I had no idea he was even ill. I remember when I first saw Bowie on TV. It was way back in his Ziggy Stardust stage and at my age I had never seen anybody like him. Strange how something like that can make an impression that lasts forever.

I did not follow him throughout his many re-inventions, I kind of lost of track of him musically. TMWFTE became a cult film, but his appearances in movies were few and far in between. In latter years he seemed to look so conventional to me, it was a long way from Ziggy. But he had changed music and the world had caught up to him and he became a proper English gentleman. It only took about 40 years. Not bad for a trail blazer.

This is Major Tom to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today.

Check ignition and may God's love be with you, RIP David Bowie and Ziggy.
January 11, 2016, 07:44 AM
Kevin F
Another true 'Legend' has gone which is quite sad. I wonder if the BBC will dust off their excellent Bowie documentary 'Cracked Actor' from many years ago by way of a tribute ? It would be interesting to see it again.

One final thought, my favourite Bowie track was 'Laughing Gnome'. It had a really cute video that I am sure I used to see on 'Blue Peter'. It always used to make me smile, which is something I value very highly Smile
January 11, 2016, 09:56 AM
H_Toser
I just bought his latest album on Saturday and it's very shocking to learn this morning he had passed. Upsetting, really.

January 11, 2016, 01:01 PM
Will
Very sad news. RIP Frown
January 11, 2016, 11:21 PM
chesspieceface
Frown
Frown
Frown
Frown
Frown
Frown
Frown
Frown
Frown

I adored him. I will miss him.

January 12, 2016, 03:55 PM
chesspieceface
Last photos of the great man...

Top floor, coming up...

The earlier pictures in the set showed that he passed some autograph seekers on the way to the elevator. I don't know if he signed for them, but he did give them a big smile. Fitting that even near the end, he still carried his own weight and pushed the button himself...

January 22, 2016, 09:08 PM
archifou
R.I.P. David Bowie