Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Craig Confirms He's Back as Bond
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Craig Confirms He's Back as Bond
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Daniel Craig said he'll be back as Bond in 2019, and this will probably be his last one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/...lay-james-bond-again

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Not a surprise, most people shrugged off his cranky comments after the last movie's PR tour.

If the producers wanted a change he would be out, but I don't think they could settle on an actor to play the next Bond right now. Hiddleston was supposed to have bombed the audition and Hardy has lots of projects going, so he might not want to tie down to Bond just yet.

Getting one more Bond out of Craig before his expiration date runs out always made the most sense, so that's why people weren't really buying all of his protests.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I always felt he should finish out with number 25 if he really wants to quit.

I just hope they make it a balls to the wall action flick and give us a villain worth despising. Seems like they used Craig to upgrade Bond but keep giving us the same old goofy villains.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He will be 51 in 2019, I believe.

When Roger Moore was 51, in 1978, he was filming "Moonraker", and he still did 3 more Bond films after that one.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I just saw him in Logan Lucky, a movie with a strange sense of humor but I liked it. Wink

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
He's bit like the Cher of the acting world...this is his final-final turn as 007.

I think he needs to call it a day and pass on the golden gun.

I think film producers have kept him on, playing it safe because they haven't decided how to handle re-casting with the controversy of Bond's race or gender in future films.

Or even the question of Bond having to be British (Yes, I've heard it being brought into question and think it's dumb).

Think it's time for him to bow out though and lets see what the next 007 brings.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post