Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    TWIN PEAKS to return in 2016
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TWIN PEAKS to return in 2016
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Boy, am I glad it waited on buying the BluRay release of the new series when it was issued last year as all-new for December 2019 is "Twin Peaks: Z to A", a mammoth collection of the entire thing from the start with loads of technical upgrades, new material, AND even a set of 5x5 cards. The whole thing looks gorgeous. I pre-ordered it today.

From the description:

There's no shortage of magnificent Douglas Fir trees in Twin Peaks, but this collector's box set is limited to only 25,000 copies worldwide. Immerse yourself in the entire universe of Twin Peaks with: Seasons 1 and 2 of The Original Series, A Limited Event Series, Fire Walk with Me and its deleted scenes: The Missing Pieces. 4K Ultra Hi-Def versions of the Original Series Pilot and Part 8 of A Limited Event Series Behind The Curtain: behind the scenes/making of footage for all 18 parts of the Limited Event Series A Brand New Interview with Kyle MacLachlan and Sheryl Lee On The Couch with Harry and Kimmy featurette Full-length, unedited versions of a number of the musical performances at The Roadhouse Bar from A Limited Event Series Exclusive die-cut, acrylic figure of Laura Palmer kissing Agent Cooper The Red Room Gallery: a curated set of 5 x 5 printed cards depicting memorable moments in The Red Room An individually numbered collectible certificate A slew of previously released special features

Can't wait!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I'm seriously thinking about buying that too.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I have the original series, the Criterion collection of Fire walk with me and found the new series for 20 bucks a few months back. So, I have it but this box set is nice!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
"And Twin Peaks has been put on DVD, so it's not like you are counting on only 50 year olds who saw it 25 years ago on TV to watch."

I could not agree more with this statement. I must've bought and sold literally 200 of those Twin Peaks Gold DVDs sets over the past 7 years in the hunt for the postcards the first editions had, and that number may be woefully low. It's in the hundreds now, for sure.
Now how many of them actually liked the series once they bought it from me and finally saw it may be another story, haha...

I finally finished getting the 62 card set that came with the 2007 Gold DVD Edition. Very tough set to put together and still haven't found any of the autograph cards.

Do you know why some of the "regular" cards are so difficult to find? Were they purposely short printed? Do you know how many of each were made? What about the autograph cards. Any information you can share on print runs, distribution etc..?

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats on finishing your set.
What serial number is your Wild Card?
Here's mine:

The "tough" numbers in the set seemed to be 4, 24, 29, 32, 38, 42, 43, 49, 53, 54, and 58 for whatever reason. I'd love to see an uncut sheet of these cards. That would go a long way towards know exactly how "rare" each card is.

Here's a Twin Peaks postcard "info dump" (a lovely phrase, if ever there was one):

There were 60,000 packets of 12 cards distributed worldwide, so 720,000 cards in total.
There are 735 "super rare"(see below) cards to remove from that total, so that leaves 719,265 regular cards.
Assuming all of the cards were equally produced, that means there are about 11,800 sets of 61 cards that can ever exist. But certainly, some of the postcards were actually used as postcards and mailed off with writing and postage stamps on them, ruining their condition. And possibly some of the cards were even thrown away by people who didn't care about them, or perhaps tacked to walls as decorations, so there are certainly fewer sets than 11,800 sets that will ever be made.

THE APPROXIMATE ODDS OF FINDING A PREMIUM IN A SEALED PACKET:

(560) – A Gold Foil Parallel Postcard, 1 in 107 packets;
(56) – A Gold Foil Parallel Postcard autographed by David Lynch, 1 in 1,072 packets;
(80) – A “Wildcard” Postcard, 1 in 750 packets;
(35) – A Gold Foil “Wildcard” Postcard, 1 in 1,714 packets;
(4) – A Gold Foil “Wildcard” Postcard autographed by David Lynch, 1 in 15,000 packets

***This is apparently only half of each variety of premium card that were made. The others were apparently given out via a "No Purchase Necessary " offer that was available only during the first few month the set was on sale, in late 2007. You just had to mail in your entries, and I was told by one person I trust that he met a flea market (or swap meet, not sure what they're called in Australia), who had FOUR autographed cards including one of the Wild cards, and that she'd received them from the mail-in offer and got back one for every entry she'd submitted, so it's likely very few people responded to the giveaway offer for her to have had such success. I missed the offer myself, as I didn't get my first Gold DVD set until a few months after the offer had ended. He was able to get one of them from her, but she wouldn't sell the Wild card version as she wasn't sure of the value. The next time he went, he tried to get more, but she no longer had any of them, and even tried to buy back the one he'd bought from her (he'd paid $250, and she offered him $300 for its return. He said no.) She'd apparently found a buyer of all of them who was paying a goodly amount.

Thanks to Worthpoint, a website that archives old auctions listings and photos, I found a my writeup and the image of the autographed #7 I sold. I sold it a little over 8 years ago, and I think it went for around $400, but I'm not totally sure. It was around there.

TWIN PEAKS Gold Box Postcard DAVID LYNCH AUTOGRAPH CARD
Here is a deluxe hand signed and numbered limited edition post card from the Twin Peaks Gold Box DVD postcard set. The card has been cleanly and boldly autographed by the creator of Twin Peaks, DAVID LYNCH This is card number #7GS (Gold Signed) and it is additionally serially numbered underneath the regular postcard number in the lower right corner. This card is #4/16, also in gold foil. The picture shows the EXACT card you will receive. Writer and director David Lynch has a fantastic signature and he signed these specially selected images with a gold paint pen in large letters, very cool. This autograph post card looks much better in person than in the picture even as the gold foil border is a shiny metallic gold foil also used for the Twin Peaks logo to handsome effect. The signature itself is quite striking. The back or reverse side of the card is the same as on regular unsigned postcard.
In the entire set there were seven different cards from the regular set of 61 that director David Lynch signed (just 16 of each, including this one), and there was also a unique "Wild Card" of which only 7 were signed. All told, that means just 119 cards were signed by David Lynch out of the 720,000 total cards issued for this fantastic series of limited edition collectibles.
These were originally released during a limited time in late 2007 as a special bonus for early purchasers of the then just released TWIN PEAKS GOLD BOX Complete series DVD collection, and newer editions no longer include even a chance at finding one of them. So again, just 119 official authentic autographed David Lynch postcards exist worldwide and now you can own one of them .
According to the Twin Peaks DVD website (no longer around, unfortunately), these Gold Foil Autographed Parallel postcards are found just once per every 536 packets, however it is believed that half of the signature cards were given away in a mail in contest and were not actually found in the DVD sets. If that is true, these signed cards are actually found at a rate of only 1 in 1,072 packets, or just once per every 1,072 dvd sets. Bear in mind, when the DVD sets with the packets were originally released in 2007 they retailed for $100 each, and to this day it is very hard to find one of the older sets with a packet of postcards in it for less than $60. And even when you can find one, the packets of cards have usually been opened and looked at, so the chances of finding an autograph care are very small, to say the least. So whether they are 1 in 536 sets or 1 in 1,072 sets, they are exceedingly rare either way, which is why they so seldom come up for sale. .
So to sum up, the image on the front of the card is just like on the normal card in the set (Card #7- Packard Sawmill Blades), but with a shiny gold foil border completely surrounding the image. The "TWIN PEAKS" logo title in the upper left corner is also in metallic gold foil ink. Best of all, Twin Peaks creator David Lynch has personally signed the card by hand in gold paint in large letters (a bold and CLEAN signature). The card is serial numbered #4 of 16. This is the real thing, 100% genuine and authentic, and one of only 16 made, worldwide. Further, I personally found it in a packet of the postcards, and did not buy it or trade for it as a single. In other words, it is 100% original directly from the source.

Finally, while compiling this info, I found an email I wrote to a fellow collector nearly 10 years ago.

"This show must have some die-hard fans to this day. I loved it and followed David Lynch's work well before it and ever since. I'm really hoping for new normal sized trading card set with autographs. I know one of the current cardmakers and I am begging him to do one as the 20th anniversary is coming up."

Well, it wasn't Breygent who ultimately did it, but the regular set did happen nearly 10 years later, and there two more to come.

Sometimes, you just gotta have a little faith and a lotta patience.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Super congrats on finding that Lynch autographed card. WOW!!
I reviewed my set and I only have the 61 cards, not 62. I thought I had one of the limited edition ones but I don't. I started buying the sealed envelopes a few year back but couldn't complete the entire set for a long time as there were certain numbers(those you listed) that people were asking and getting $40.00 to $60.00 each for. About 3 years ago someone listed any entire 61 card set and I snapped it up. Now I'm left with about 45 doubles including a few of the "hard" ones. I never see either the limited prints or the autograph cards anywhere. Cherish that collection and thanks for sharing the info.!

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the info, very intresting. Clap

You do realise that by talking about this you have now got me thinking about wanting a set. Roll Eyes

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Wolfie!
You would have to get very lucky to find a complete set. I searched for many years until I ran across that one seller. Otherwise, I was relegated to finding random envelopes which Chesspiece already confirmed had already been searched and normally held the common cards OR having to splurge(I know you hate to do that)for the scarce ones, which I did on a few. Now if you could somehow convince me and Chesspiece to look through our spares to see how close to a complete set we are, that might be a solution....

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From the new Z to A box set, mentioned above.
The Red Room Gallery: a curated set of 5 x 5 printed cards depicting memorable moments in The Red Room

These are thick stock and with a flat finish, so ideal for autographs! 25 in all, in a glossy box. Enjoy the imagery that Lynch is famous for.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Those look great, i really like twin peaks but have not been able to get into the new one, tried a couple of times now.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting those pictures. I have the set but I also have a habit of never taking things out of the shrinkwrap so have not opened it. That's why I have so many unopened card boxes!

Wolfie, give Season Three another chance, it's fantastic! Also, electrifying!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Only 25,000 sets of the cards worldwide, and we account for three of them. I have a sealed set, plus I bought this set of just the cards. I sure wish these, at least a few of them were lenticular!

They are actually intended to be interchangeably shown in a little theater display holder built into the packaging, but I heard that can be damaged in shipping. Mine sounds pretty solid. I'll find out one of these days, when I finally have time to watch the new bonus features. But I bought my set mostly for the cards, and I'm not disappointed.

I'd love another set in this format not restricted to only characters that had been shown in the red room. I'd love cards of Harry Dean Stanton singing, Sarah Palmer taking her face off, Jennifer Jason Lee & Tim Roth, Amanda Seyfried, Robert Forster, Janey-E & Sonny Jim, the Gotta Light guy, the little stabby dude, Tom Sizemore, Matthew Lillard, and especially Michael Cera as Lucy and Andy's Brandoesque son, to name a few. Maybe there will be a second edition with different cards.