Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    TWIN PEAKS to return in 2016
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TWIN PEAKS to return in 2016
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sidewinder, if you're interested here's a neat story by Piper Laurie about the creation of the "Mr. Tojamura" character:

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/...iography-twin-peaks/

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the second season got off the rails a bit after the investigation was wrapped up, but it got a lot more interesting right before the end.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Sidewinder, if you're interested here's a neat story by Piper Laurie about the creation of the "Mr. Tojamura" character:

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/...iography-twin-peaks/

What a great story! Thanks for sharing. Things like this would be impossible to get away with now I imagine. I admit I didn't realise it was Catherine under all that make up, I could just tell it was a woman.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Well, d'oh!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/...celed-213500262.html

Disappointing, to say the least. If Showtime (CBS) doesn't want to or can't pony up the necessary money to do it right even from their position of strength, it's hard to imagine anyone else will. Oh well...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
http://deadline.com/2015/04/da...showtime-1201404765/

Keep hope alive!!!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It's all about the art, until it becomes all about the money. Big Grin Showtime will make nice with Lynch or the project will be cancelled.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
http://mashable.com/2015/04/08...david-lynch-revival/

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like packs of 1970's and 80's trading cards without bubble gum!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like packs of 1970's and 80's trading cards without bubble gum!

We kind of went over our different opinions on Lynch already CPF, but I find it funny that the cast members are doing exactly what Twin Peaks fans are doing. Lynch is more important than the show and Showtime will probably have to get him back onboard if they want to capitalize on past history.

I say that because Twin Peaks whole reputation is based on being a cult hit at a time when it didn't look like all the other TV shows. It was quirky and off center and nobody knew what was supposed to be going on. That was why it got such good reviews in the beginning and it was also why it didn't last very long. Quirky and off center has a short shelf life after all.

In a lot of ways this extension of Twin Peaks is similar to the new episodes of X-Files that are being filmed. They are not looking to find any new viewers, they just need to attract the old viewers. They have to have the same people involved in the original productions to do that, or else it will lose the faithful.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think it's fair to say that a lot of the original actors, in addition to genuinely wanting to return to what has been their claim to fame, could use the work, especially in such a high profile and iconic series.

I agree Showtime should do everything they can to please the series faithful, but it has been 25 years, so a lot of that group has, um, moved on, and Showtime will need to draw a "new" audience in addition to the long-timers.
This may be sacrilege to some of my fellow "peaksies", but as for Lynch being part of the new series, I wonder how many people from the new audience they'd be courting even know who David is. He didn't write or direct every episode of the original series, not even close, but if the other original producer, Mark Frost, is on board, I think the show could succeed without Lynch (but it certainly wouldn't be the same.)

I still think Lynch will come back, but then, I've always been one of those "glass half full" types.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

Another article about the same thing...

The 'Twin Peaks' Cast Made A Video Asking David Lynch To Come Back

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Oh they wouldn't mind getting new viewers, but they are relying on getting the old ones to watch. If that weren't the case they would have gotten a whole new cast and wouldn't have needed Lynch to direct at all.

And Twin Peaks has been put on DVD, so it's not like you are counting on only 50 year olds who saw it 25 years ago on TV to watch. That's still the thing about cable shows, unlike the major networks they don't need a big audience to be a huge success.

I think most people who are likely to tune into this will have seen the original shows somewhere and will expect at least some continuation of the plot, such as it was.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"And Twin Peaks has been put on DVD, so it's not like you are counting on only 50 year olds who saw it 25 years ago on TV to watch."

I could not agree more with this statement. I must've bought and sold literally 200 of those Twin Peaks Gold DVDs sets over the past 7 years in the hunt for the postcards the first editions had, and that number may be woefully low. It's in the hundreds now, for sure.
Now how many of them actually liked the series once they bought it from me and finally saw it may be another story, haha...

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David Lynch is returning...and he will be directing the whole thing which now appears it will run longer than the initially planned 9 episodes:

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/n...peaks-revival-series

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you notice the wording, they state that it will run longer than the planned nine hours. Many are taking that to mean extra episodes when it could simply mean that the nine episodes will be longer than an hour each. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Clap
Bouncey
Metal
Drool
Elephant

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sherilyn Fenn and Sheryl Lee were at Crypticon in Seattle this weekend where they revealed that there will be 18 new Twin Peaks episodes, all of which will be directed by David Lynch. Filming will begin in September on location in North Bend, WA and Twede's Cafe aka the "Double R Diner" is now being renovated. Metal Dance

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just reported that the new Twin Peaks will not be ready until some time in 2017.

posted Hide Post
Reports are now confirming that Sherilyn Fenn is returning as Audrey Horne and that Laura Dern is joining the cast as the oft mentioned but never seen Diane.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Can't wait.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Wise was at the SDCC for a panel about The Killing Joke animated film and he dropped a few tidbits about the upcoming Twin Peaks revival. He said that it'll debut in 2017 and consist of 18 episodes, all directed by Lynch.