Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Movies Coming (and NOT Coming) in 2024
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movies Coming (and NOT Coming) in 2024
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/09...ease-date/index.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Marvel has coming in 2024 a fourth Captain America film, Thunderbolts, Blade, and Deadpool 3.

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

I like the idea of this sequel with both Keaton and Ryder updating their original characters. Whether it was the time or not, Beetlejuice is one of those films that seems to have had a perfect cast and any remake wouldn't be much good when the original is still holding up. So as long as the sequel isn't a remake in disguise, adding Ortega sounds good. They should also bring back O'Hara, who is always a scene stealer. Baldwin can stay on the ranch. Wink

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You may not see Jeffrey Jones return, considering his legal issues. Looks like he's only done 1 movie over the past 10 years, and instead has done mostly theater.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there is his side to the story, but Jones crossed a line that people don't get to come back from as a general rule. It was, and still is, a career destroyer.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Returning to both Batman and Beetlejuice so long after the originals, Keaton is proving you can go home again. Now, where's "Johnny Dangerously 2" at?

And I will say that even though I've never been a big Indiana Jones fan, I got a little bit of a tingle seeing the full trailer for the new one of those at the theater yesterday before seeing GOTG 3 (which was terrific.)

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Returning to both Batman and Beetlejuice so long after the originals, Keaton is proving you can go home again. Now, where's "Johnny Dangerously 2" at?

My grandkids hung me on a hook once...ONCE!!

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Saw an article on line that with both Indiana Jones and Michael Keaton returning as Batman, they feel as if we are reliving the summer of 1989, which I remember well. Someone commented that all you need now is Timothy Dalton to return as James Bond. He's now on TV with Harrison Ford in 1923, playing the villain.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In addition to the above in the first post:

KUNG FU PANDA 4
GODZILLA vs. KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE
SPIDER MAN BEYOND THE SPIDER-VERSE
DESPICABLE ME 4
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE
INSIDE OUT 2
KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Disney also has a live action SNOW WHITE movie next summer and a LION KING prequel.

There is an animated LORD OF THE RINGS and a GARFIELD (the cat) film.

Another SONIC THE HEDGEHOG movie.

In the fall, the JOKER sequel with Lady Gaga co-starring.

Just seems like endless sequels and remakes...

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not coming next year, but potentially in 2025/26

They are saying that it's a very real possibility that Tobey Maguire may be starring in a fourth Spider-Man film.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There are indications that the writers' and actors' strikes may not be settled for months. The sides are wide apart, with the studios claiming that the revenue demands of the unions are beyond reason and they will wait until people start getting evicted. Very nice to say, but if it comes to that, the studios are probably in better position to wait it out.

Anyway, it is being reported that a few of the bigger late 2023 films may be held off until 2024 when publicity tours can kick in again. If that happens it will change both the 2023 and 2024 release schedules and beyond. I don't think the studios will mind because they still have a pandemic backlog of content, and it has already been demonstrated that viewers will watch almost anything on the streaming channels.

Unless the unions cave, I think the studios have dug in for the long haul.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to several sources, due to the Actors' strike, several movies from 2023 have now been moved to 2024:

Kraven the Hunter (Spider-Man villain) was originally supposed to be October 2023;

Spider-Man Beyond the Spider-Verse; originally supposed to be March 2024, release date now TBD

The new GHOSTBUSTERS film started filming in early 2023, but production has halted. The fall 2023 release date is obviously off.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to what I have read, don't expect a Star Trek 4 in 2024 or 2025...

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Dune 2 has officially been moved from this November to March 2024. I guess the studios don't see an end in sight to the strikes yet.

Considering the number of flops DC is racking up in a row, I wonder if Warner Brothers decides to switch out "Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom", or if they would rather release and have another excuse to blame besides just another lousy movie. Wink

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
A little early, but the trailer for "Argylle" just came out and seems to have generated some buzz. In theatres February 2nd with a pretty decent cast. Another "Romancing the Stone", "Lost City" type, but I really could use a passably funny movie.

Of course the Henry Cavill/Dua Lipa dance number is what's getting all the hits. Anyway, I put it on my 2024 calendar.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
A little early, but the trailer for "Argylle" just came out and seems to have generated some buzz. In theatres February 2nd with a pretty decent cast. Another "Romancing the Stone", "Lost City" type, but I really could use a passably funny movie.

Of course the Henry Cavill/Dua Lipa dance number is what's getting all the hits. Anyway, I put it on my 2024 calendar.

Thank you for this. I don't keep up with anything nowadays so haven't heard of it, I looked it up because you mentioned Henry Cavill, and well, I can't help but look. Big Grin I watched the trailer and it looks like such a dumb funny movie. I must watch it!!!!!!

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Finally "Borderlands" has been given a release date, August 9, 2024. That's clinging to the edges of the summer movie season.

This year "Meg 2" came out at the same time and did pretty well, so who knows? There are major red flags in the delayed production of "Borderlands", but I'm still holding out hope that it will be entertaining enough within the video game adaptation genre.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Disney is moving its live action remake of "Snow White" from 2024 to 2025.

The film is mired in controversy. First, the actress who plays Snow White trashed the original 1937 movie.

Then, they decided not to put 7 dwarves in the film as that was deemed offensive. Now they are apparently back in.

Seems like a huge mess.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I read that the next round of Marvel films, including the next Captain America movie, Blade and Thunderbolts will be 2025, not next year.