Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Eddie Van Halen has died of cancer, age 65. Part of the soundtrack of my youth.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Part of a great group.
Very sad.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Charactor actor Clark Middleton, who had roles in Fringe, The Blacklist, and many other shows, died Sunday of West Nile virus.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bill Mullins,

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, he had a great recurring role on "The Blacklist." I'm very sorry to hear of his passing. The show had already lost Brian Dennehy this year.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Singer Johnny Nash passed away on October 6. He's best known for his 1972 hit, "I Can See Clearly Now." It was a huge song at the time (#1 on the Billboard chart for 4 weeks), and while many other early 70's easy rock/classic rock hits have slipped from airplay on radio stations over the years, that one can still be heard occasionally today.

This card is #34 from the Rock & Roll set (Nu Card, 1959).

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Singer Johnny Nash passed away on October 6. He's best known for his 1972 hit, "I Can See Clearly Now." It was a huge song at the time (#1 on the Billboard chart for 4 weeks), and while many other early 70's easy rock/classic rock hits have slipped from airplay on radio stations over the years, that one can still be heard occasionally today.

This card is #34 from the Rock & Roll set (Nu Card, 1959).

He also sang the theme song to "The Mighty Hercules".

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actress and model, Margaret Nolan passed away Oct 5. Many will always remember her as the gold-painted Bond Girl from "Goldfinger" but she had fans from other projects as well. She signed autograph cards for a few sets including "The Persuaders," "The Saint Series One," and at least two James Bond sets ("James Bond in Motion" and last year's Upper Deck set).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just to show the similarity of the card backs despite them coming from different manufacturers:

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Hi Chesspiece,

I recognized the Angel Heart card design as that of the movie poster set by Piemmeci Publishing of Italy. It's an oddball set in that there doesn't seem to be a checklist anywhere nor much information about it - an internet breaker of sorts. I'm familiar with the prototype cards for the set of which there are 15 different and of which I have successfully hunted only 5 in over 20 years.

I saw an old German blurb that said it's a 180 card set with 10 chase cards of some kind. I assume the cards came in packs and might have been released around 1994. Neither the base cards nor prototypes are dated. I've seen the company also released a Formula 1 and skiing set in the 90's. Do you have more information and perhaps a checklist for the set? If you do, please start a thread on it. I'm sure other movie card collectors would be interested.
Jess

Just saw this. I'm hesitant to derail the thread again, but I didn't want to ignore you, Jess. My card is actually from the DueEmme (MM) 1995 Supercinema set, which was 144 cards (no chase cards) and sold in regular foil packs as well as a deluxe factory set with binder and information booklets.
This listing (not mine) shows all the components nicely.

https://www.ebay.com/i/2542749...=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

I'm not familiar with the larger set, or any prototypes.[/QUOTE]

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actress Rhonda Fleming died last week (Oct 14), age 97. She was part of Hollywood's Golden Age, having appeared in the great noir "Out of the Past", in Hitchcock's "Spellbound", and in "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Marge Champion has died, age 101. Her career was mainly that of a dancer. In Disney's early years, she was a dance model for animators, and they would study her movements for Dopey, Snow White, the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio, and Hyacinth Hippo from Fantasia.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Country singer Jerry Jeff Walker has died, age 78.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
News has just broken that Sean Connery has died aged 90.

I have the image below from the Internet:-

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Watch that "cut" go up now. Shake Head

Very sorry to hear this news, but at least he spent his retirement the way he wanted to and his career was big enough to never put him in the shadow of James Bond. RIP Mr. Connery.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear of Mr. Connery's passing.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's a tough one to take. Sean Connery was James Bond to a generation. As decades passed and the torch was passed a few more times, Connery came to represent Bond's early period (the 007 of the 1960's), playing him one more time in 1983's "Never Say Never Again," a film outside the main series but it was a well-done remake of "Thunderball" and had one my favorite Bond quotes. After he is splashed by a water-skiing and somewhat apologetic Fatima Blush (Barbara Carrera), he replies, "Yes, but my martini is still dry."

Connery did so many other movies with "The Hunt for Red October" being one of my favorites. "Zardoz" was weird, though.

The card is from the Paramount Widescreen set (2000) inserted one per specially-marked VHS (4x6 cards with movie info on the back).

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Former Miss America (and TV personality) Leanza Cornett died last week, from a head injury in an accident. She was 49.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Geoffrey Palmer, who had roles in Dr. Who, Avengers (British TV show), Fawlty Towers, Blackadder (and where is the Blackadder trading card set?) and Bond, has passed at age 93.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Geoffrey Palmer, who had roles in Dr. Who, Avengers (British TV show), Fawlty Towers, Blackadder (and where is the Blackadder trading card set?) and Bond, has passed at age 93.

Even better known in UK for "Butterflies" and "As time goes by".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"As Time Goes By" is how I best know him as well -- it's one of my wife's favorite British shows.