Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I really like her. Dang. RIP Sally. I have one of her inscription autos…. Here’s her DEADLINE obit.

https://deadline.com/2022/02/s...houlihan-1234959785/

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Announced on her facebook page. Passed away this morning

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Shake Head

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Wow, Veronica Carlson looks exactly like Sharon Tate on that card, at least to me. She was one of the Hammer stars I am less familiar with. RIP.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was sorry to read about her passing today. Here's the Hammer Horror Series 2 P4 promo card.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor Kirk Baily died of lung cancer, age 59 on Feb 28.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor John Stahl passed away on Mar 3, age 68 .

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor Mitchell Ryan, whose career goes back to Dark Shadows, and had many roles since, has died on Mar. 4 at age 88.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actress Laurel Goodwin, who was the last remaining living cast member from the original Star Trek pilot, has died at age at age 79 on February 25. She was also in the Elvis Presley movie Girls! Girls! Girls!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor Conrad Janis, best known for playing Mindy's father in "Mork and Mindy", has passed away, age 94.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Conrad Janis also played trombone in a Dixieland jazz band that included George Segal on banjo. I don't know if they ever recorded an album but they appeared on TV.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Another passenger of Columbia Airlines Flight 409 lost.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
William Hurt passed away at 71

https://nypost.com/2022/03/13/...gVXkOI9lNPSVKxR0Zwgg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Fantastic actor, sad news.

In addition to the Inkworks Lost In Space cards shown, Bill also had various Upper Deck issues as Thaddeus Ross, who he played in the MCU.

He was in a lot of great movies earlier in his career, my favorites being "Kiss of The Spider-Woman", "Broadcast News", and "Body Heat".

Recently, he starred in a 2021 episode (named for his character) of Apple+ TV's "Mythic Quest" series (opposite fellow best actor Oscar winner F. Murray Abraham which was predictably a master class in acting), and had completed several other projects since, so he was working 'til the end.

Rest in peace, William Hurt.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mykdude:

From today's news, "Bob Saget's family has been given a permanent injunction to block the release of records linked to his death".

I don't understand this.

I didn't know you could permanently block police records from news agencies when citing the Freedom of Information Act.

I also can't figure out what is so damaging in the files that the family won't let it come out, when cause of death is apparently not suspicious. It's just strange and makes people wonder, when there is likely not that much to wonder about.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That is weird when you consider that government information that has been classified as secret eventually gets released. Then again, if there were some embarrassing unrelated detail to his death or if he suffered from some other condition, or if the family simply wants privacy, we don't really need to know every tidbit.

quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mykdude:

From today's news, "Bob Saget's family has been given a permanent injunction to block the release of records linked to his death".

I don't understand this.

I didn't know you could permanently block police records from news agencies when citing the Freedom of Information Act.

I also can't figure out what is so damaging in the files that the family won't let it come out, when cause of death is apparently not suspicious. It's just strange and makes people wonder, when there is likely not that much to wonder about.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
That is weird when you consider that government information that has been classified as secret eventually gets released. Then again, if there were some embarrassing unrelated detail to his death or if he suffered from some other condition, or if the family simply wants privacy, we don't really need to know every tidbit.

Yeah, I agree with that, it's just that their blanket injunction on everything without any explanation seems weird. I'm sure private information having nothing to do with the night he died could be redacted. The scene itself was supposed to be undisturbed and clean. So I could understand not wanting to see any gruesome photos get out, but by all published accounts there was no blood and he looked to be sleeping.

Anyway it is the underside of fame that strangers want to know about your life. They are fans when you want them, pests when you don't. The whole investigation into Saget's death hasn't been handled the way you would expect for such a genuinely popular and uncontroversial man.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright has died today of cancer, age 84.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bill Mullins,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
British actor Peter Bowles, whom I knew best from the Britcom "To the Manor Born", died Mar 17 age 85.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Alaska Congressman Don Young died on Mar 18, at the age of 88.