Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember Billy Drago from the 1987 film "The Untouchables" with Kevin Costner and Sean Connery, particularly the scene where Costner threw him off the roof

He was the father of the actor from "Northern Exposure", Darren Burrows

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
He also played a great bad guy in The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Arte Johnson, who used to play the dirty old man on Laugh-In, has died, age 90.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ross Perot, famous for the 1992 U.S. Presidential election, has died.

Here he is on many cards

https://www.tradingcarddb.com/.../69743/H.-Ross-Perot

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Helping Tommy out . . . .

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So post a picture of a card. or two. or more.

As good as he was in Dodgeball and Men In Black, he was even better in The Larry Sanders Show.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bill, you are so right. He was brilliant as the industry-savvy producer, Artie. That was a fantastic show. I once had a supervisor much like him and I thought Rip Torn would be perfect to play him if a movie were ever made about the company.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In memory of Artie, have a salty dog.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Denise Nickerson, who played Violet Beauregard in the original Willy Wonka movie (the girl who swole up big and purple) has died.

And Lee Iacocca, who was behind some wonderful cars (the Mustang) and some not-so-wonderful (the Chrysler K-car) has also died.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A great Ross Perot story.

link

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens has died, age 99. He was one of the more liberal justices.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's one we missed. Super Dave Osborne passed away early this year on January 2.

Here's a card promoting his appearance at an All-Star Breakfast in 1991.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great find on that Super Dave card -- I wasn't familiar with it.

Others who have been missed:

Julie Adams, the female lead from "Creature from the Black Lagoon", died 2/3/19

Beverly Owen, the first actress to play Marilyn on The Munsters, died 2/21/19

Carmen Argenziano, a long-time character actor with many credits, died 2/10/19.

Comedian Brody STevens died 2/22/19

Bond Girl Tania Mallett ("Tilly Masterson" from Goldfinger) died 3/30/19

Country music singer Earl Thomas Conley died 4/10/19

Former president of Peru Alan Garcia Perez died 4/17/19

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's one of those more obscure promo cards. I assume it was a charity event he was happy to add his name to. I knew him best from his multiple appearances on Letterman.

I didn't know Julie Adams had passed away. I believe she was signing at shows in recent years. "Creature from the Black Lagoon" and "King Kong" were my favorites of the old monster movies. Hey, those guys just didn't know how to put their feelings into words.

Maybe it's the same everywhere...we have an hour and a half of local evening news plus the half-hour of national evening news and then another half-hour of local news. It's pretty much the same news at least twice but at no point did anyone tell me that Julie Adams had died.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David Hedison, who played Felix Leiter in two Bond films, and was in the original "The Fly", has died at age 92.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Roy Batty has died. He has seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. He watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Another single card set signer. Always wondered why he didn't sign for Batman Begins. So many great movie memories. Seemed like he was in everything back in the 80's.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One of my friends likes to recite Batty's last lines in the movie. He'll be sad to hear of Hauer's passing too.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Roy Batty has died. He has seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. He watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Met him at a convention, very nice person sad to see him go RIP

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post