Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
That's a pretty sad looking card to leave behind for Bushwacker Butch, who is someone I did not follow. I would guess it was supposed to fit in with his image.

Haha! From what I remember the card is pretty accurate. I typically don't collect wrestling cards either unless they managed to make the jump into tv or film work.

I think it gets even more weird when the organization owns their character name and can withhold permission of it being used as a signature.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:

Lance Reddick's family is questioning his cause of death, which was deemed to be heart and artery disease. The family thinks his healthy lifestyle is at odds with that finding and that it wasn't, in fact, proven by any autopsy. So this one remains to be seen.

This seems to be the opposite reaction from the family of Bob Saget. They fought to close his investigation and keep more details out of the press. He sustained a head injury in or near his hotel, but the exact spot it happened was never really determined. So go figure.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did they ever figure out what happened to.Ray Liotta ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Did they ever figure out what happened to.Ray Liotta ?

It's kind of murky because he passed away suddenly, in his sleep, in a foreign country. Of course people started rumors, but it's been almost a year now and I don't think anyone discovered anything other than what was already said. Sometimes it just happens like that.

In Reddick's case, I see where they say he was cremated. Maybe that occurred before questions arose, but if the family no longer has his body, it's going to be hard to pinpoint a cause of death.

Speaking of bodies, when is Julian Sands ever going to turn up? He's not even in the news anymore.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
He told the wrong person that they were a "funny guy".

But, seriously, the official finding was he had a heart attack and died in his sleep.
https://www.kemifilani.ng/brea...eath-autopsy-disease

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Maybe Ray is not really dead. Maybe he is in the witness protection program

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe Ray is not really dead. Maybe he is in the witness protection program

That's a nice thought. Him, David Carradine and Julian Sands eating pancakes in an Oklahoma diner. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the food is better than what he was complaining about in the final scene in Goodfellas. Trivia: Despite the fact that Ray played Italian Americans dozens of times he is not Italian at all. He is Scottish, having been adopted by the Liotta family.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Speaking of bodies, when is Julian Sands ever going to turn up? He's not even in the news anymore.

If he has managed to find himself in a small mountain avalanche it could be a long time. Don't want to tell people what to do but a January mountain hike does not ring at the top of the list.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
quote:

If he has managed to find himself in a small mountain avalanche it could be a long time. Don't want to tell people what to do but a January mountain hike does not ring at the top of the list.

Yeah, they have probably just decided to wait for the spring thaw to find him, sorry to say. I also don't get people who wander around mountains or thick forest trails by themselves, but they do.

In fact, so many people wind up dead or just disappear hiking or hunting every year in places like national parks, forests and mountain ranges that there is this whole supernatural sub-culture of "experts" on late night talk radio.

They blame everything from UFOs, to forest spirits, to water sprites, to roving bands of serial killers, to inter-dimensional doorways, to Big Foot. The explanations are pretty funny, but something happened to all these people, and I sure wouldn't want to tempt it. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I blame the other Warlocks.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor Michael Lerner died yesterday, age 81.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Also in the Godzilla set

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mad artist Al Jaffee died, age 102.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Master of the Fold-In, and truly the end of an era (with apologies to Sergio Aragones, may he live forever). So, so many Mad Magazines are in far less than mint condition thanks to the work of this man. Bless him for it.

https://thomaspark.co/2020/06/...ld-in-effect-in-css/

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
So, so many Mad Magazines are in far less than mint condition thanks to the work of this man. Bless him for it.

Because my father got me into preserving my comics before I ever read Mad Magazine I always bent the page just enough to figure it out. My dad had issues from the 50's that were still standard comic book size.

My mental conditioning as a kid owes much to the team at Mad and Al was always there.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Rachel Pollack who wrote the Doom Patrol comics for DC in the 1990s has died at 77.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rachel Pollack who wrote the Doom Patrol comics for DC in the 1990s has died at 77.

Does she have a card?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some of the cards in the 1995 Vertigo set by SkyBox depict the comics that she wrote

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Rachel was maybe not on a card, but she sure understood what was in the cards. She was a world renowned Tarot Card expert, so on the upside, if she did readings for herself, this recent development can't have been that much of a surprise to her.

She wrote numerous texts interpreting the meanings of various decks. Here are a couple:

She lives on in the cards...