Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I just saw on ABC news he was the annoying brother in Weird Science, which I had totally forgotten. I remember him in The Abyss and Titanic and Aliens. Very sad news. I still haven't watched Agents of Shield, now I have to catch up.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I just saw on ABC news he was the annoying brother in Weird Science, which I had totally forgotten. I remember him in The Abyss and Titanic and Aliens. Very sad news. I still haven't watched Agents of Shield, now I have to catch up.

He was not in The Abyss. You have him confused with his friend Michael Biehn, who was also in Aliens. Paxton just started his new TV show Training Day. I think the short first season may have been completed.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
You have him confused with his friend Michael Biehn, who was also in Aliens.

Biehn and Paxton were in five movies together. But that's nothing -- John Wayne and Ward Bond were in over 20 movies together.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not sure if he was on any cards

One hit wonder Tommy Page (who had the one hit in 1990), dead of a suicide at 46

He had ties with the New Kids on the Block

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Not sure if [Tommy Page] was on any cards

Then perhaps this thread would be more appropriate?

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I hear secondhand from Craig Yoe's FB feed that Bill Campbell, the artist behind Weird-Ohs, has passed away. He would have been 97.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Warren Frost, who played Dr. Hayward on Twin Peaks, died on Feb 17. He had been a part of the Normandy Invasion on D-Day in WW2.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It appears that Bernie Wrightson has died aged 68.He retired in January following brain surgery according to Wikipedia.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Chuck Berry passed away on 18th March aged 90. Another one of the all-time greats is gone Frown

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you only want to announce the death of someone without linking to a relevant nonsports card, perhaps this thread would be better.

This thread, the one we are in now, was set up to include links to cards

Wrightson had a lovely set of art cards from FPG in 1993. Wrightson's obit , from his wife.

Chuck Berry had a Topps American Pie card:

Chuck made me smile more than once with
this song.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bill Mullins,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As Raven mentioned elsewhere, Lawrence Montaigne has passed away.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is a tough loss for my parents and their generation.

I remember an old interview with Billy Joel. He was talking about first meeting Paul McCarcney. He told the Beatle that he was the reason he got into rock-n-roll. McCartney replied that's what he said to Chuck Berry.

quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
Chuck Berry passed away on 18th March aged 90. Another one of the all-time greats is gone Frown

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
If you only want to announce the death of someone without linking to a relevant nonsports card, perhaps this thread would be better.

Apologies Bill, I saw the title of the thread and assumed it was the right one.

regards

John Levitt

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Chuck Barris, game show producer, and host of the Gong Show (and possible spy?) has died, age 87.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As posted elsewhere, Don Rickles has passed away. He had cards in the Twilight Zone and the Wild Wild West sets.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Glad that there was 2 weeks with no posts in this thread, but sad that streak has been broken with the news of the passing of "Mr. Warmth". I always loved his humor and timing.
Here's my own TZ autograph of the great man, one of my favorites in the entire set.

Rest in peace, you hockey puck.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Perhaps this was overshadowed by Don Rickles's death, but the fine British actor Tim Pigott-Smith, who was in A Quantum of Solace, died last Friday.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sheriff J. W. Pepper from the James Bond movies, Clifton James, died on April 15 at age 96.

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
The newspaper added that Clifton James had received 2 Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star and a Silver Star in WW II. R.I.P.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It was just reported that Erin Moran, Joanie on Happy Days, was found dead earlier today. She was 56. No cause is known yet.

I don't think she ever signed for Happy Days cards, but she did have autographs in those Pop Century/Americana sets of a few years ago.

I don't think she did very well after her series ended. She just became one of those "whatever became of" child actors. It's a shame, RIP Miss Moran.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post