Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Movie producer Charles Gordon died on Nov 1.

Comedian Norm Crosby died Nov 7.

Alex Trebek was mentioned in the other thread; here's a card:

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember Norm Crosby. He was a comedian and talk show and game show regular in the 70's. His popular act was all about playing with malapropisms, using the wrong word in place of a similar-sounding word. He was a hit with linguists. That's for sure. It must've been tough developing material for a routine on a regular basis.

I was just talking about him with my mom yesterday and a friend and I talked about him last year. His style of comedy was unique. I'm sorry he's no longer with us.

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53944780

Rest in peace, Joe Ruby, of the famed Ruby-Spears animation studio that began with Hanna-Barbera in the 1960's where Ruby co-created the iconic animated character (and popular non-sports card subject) Scooby-Doo. As HB faded with the 1970's, Ruby-Spears went out on their own and made numerous well-remembered (by me, anyway) 1980's animated series like Thundarr The Barbarian, Mr. T, Alvin & The Chipmunks, and Fangface.

In addition to Scoob and the gang, Ruby also co-created Dynomutt.

Sadly "bumping" this post as Ken Spears, the partner of Joe Ruby has also passed away, reforming the Ruby-Spears team in the afterlife. Mr. Spears passed away on November 6th at the age of 82, so a little over two months after his long-time production partner.

Thank you, gentlemen, for the countless fond childhood memories you provided generations of kids, myself certainly included, who grew up with your cartoons.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Chinese Coronavirus got another: Philip Voss, age 84, on Nov. 13.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As mentioned on the other thread, Herb Solow has passed away

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bill Mullins,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Former Mayor of NYC, David Dinkins, is no longer with us.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David Prowse, age 85, has passed away. He helped create what may be the most iconic film villian ever.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The BBC have posted two nice pieces about Dave Prowse:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ent...inment-arts-55117704

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55121622

2020 just keep's getting worse Frown I'm going to be really pleased to wave this year goodbye .

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
I like his Frankenstein Hammer Horror stuff much better. We get to see his face.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor Warren Berlinger died yesterday.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Ben Bova, 88, one of my favorite authors.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David Lander, best known for playing "Squiggy" in Laverne and Shirley, has died at age 73. His later career was mostly voice work, including "Smart ***/Wiseguy" in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, possibly because multiple sclerosis limited his movement. He had a second career as a minor league baseball scout.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RIP Chuck Yeager, age 97. I don't care how badass you are, you are not Chuck Yeager badass. Ace in a day, French Resistance in WW2, 127 combat missions in Viet Nam, trainer of Apollo astronauts, Indy 500 pace car driver.

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
...first breaker of the sound barrier too. Very brave man. A true hero.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I agree with you guys. Between his service in WWII and Vietnam he was a test pilot flying experimental aircraft to determine their flaws and without an ejection seat. If God is an astronaut, I hope he has something special for Yeager to try out.

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Fantasy artist Richard Corben, whose work was the inspiration of the "Den" segment in the film Heavy Metal died last week at the age of 80.

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Yeah Richard Corben's passing is a real loss. He's been one of my top favorite artists since I was a little kid. A fantastic style that he was able to continue in his final years. His later Edgar Allen Poe stuff for Dark Horse was amazing.

A once in a lifetime artist. There'll never be another like him.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor ("Fifth Element") and former WWE star ("Zeus") Tommy "Tiny" Lister has died.

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Aw man! Not Deebo!! Pretty nice digging up the crd with him on it.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Former Negro Leagues pitcher and Country Music superstar Charley Pride has passed, age 86. Covid got another.