Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I got a beautiful 8x10 autograph photo from her at Comic-Con about 10 years ago. I'd actually brought a few Topps Happy Days cards with me for her to sign, but since the price was the same no matter what she signed, I asked her to sign one of the color photos she'd brought instead. I gave her the cards, since she said she didn't have them. She was very nice and had a great smile for everyone, so I'll remember her that way, as she's had a bit of a rough patch these last few years which have apparently culminated in this way-too-early exit.

Very sad to hear this. So long, "Shortcake".
Frown

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Don Gordon, a prolific actor with numerous credits from 1949 to 1990, died a few days ago at 90 years of age. He has autographed and common cards from The Twilight Zone and Outer Limits.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Michael Parks, who enjoyed an acting career from episodic TV of the 1960s to the films of Quentin Tarantino and Kevin Smith, passed away.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Powers Boothe of "Agent of SHIELD" fame, died at 68. He's probably on some cards

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Powers Boothe of "Agent of SHIELD" fame, died at 68. He's probably on some cards

No.

Chris Cornell, former lead singer of Soundgarden, hanged himself in Detroit.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
R.I.P Sir Roger

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
R.I.P Sir Roger

RIP Sir Roger

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Before Roger Moore was Bond, he was Simon Templar. That's the way I would best like to remember him, from TV, watching him as a kid. When he became Bond he was just a better equipped Saint. Big Grin

You could tell that age and illness was catching up to him in the way his signature changed these last few years. Yet he kept on signing and thanks to RA, we as fans have numerous autograph cards available. It always seemed as though he respected his fans and always gave interviews to any one who asked.

RIP Sir Roger, you should have been acknowledged in your own thread, but your charm and good nature will be remembered by your many fans.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
A very great actor passed away. Frown I loved him since I was a child with "The Saint" and "The Persuaders" (very, very popular in France, it's one of my cult TV show, the duo he formed with Tony Curtis was so funny.)
And James Bond, one of my favorite interpreters.

Very sad day. Frown

quote:
You could tell that age and illness was catching up to him in the way his signature changed these last few years. Yet he kept on signing and thanks to RA, we as fans have numerous autograph cards available. It always seemed as though he respected his fans and always gave interviews to any one who asked.

RIP Sir Roger, you should have been acknowledged in your own thread, but your charm and good nature will be remembered by your many fans.

Totally agree with you, Raven.

A good man left us.

RIP Sir Roger, we'll never forget you.

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I recently saw Sir Roger on a 1961 episode of the western "Maverick", and enjoyed it. Very sad

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piperh33:
A very great actor passed away. Frown I loved him since I was a child with "The Saint" and "The Persuaders" (very, very popular in France, it's one of my cult TV show, the duo he formed with Tony Curtis was so funny.)

Very sad day. Frown

quote:

A good man left us.

I agree with you

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Linda Spoonauer has died at the age of 44

Linda Spoonauer

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by silmapco:
Linda Spoonauer has died at the age of 44

Linda Spoonauer

Let's embed that image:

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, my stepdad always said that Roger Moore was not James Bond. He was the Saint. Many here may not remember the backlash against Moore during his time as JB. He would always get slammed when compared to Sean Connery. I always thought that if we had a choice between no more James Bond movies being made and giving the role to someone else, I would take the latter. Over the years as more actors took on the role, Moore got more respect. He couldn't help not being Connery and a few of his movies were among the best Bonds.

I was too young to catch "The Saint" during its original run and "Live and Let Die" was the first JB movie I saw (drive-in) so I wasn't in the camp that Connery was the only JB. I thought that and "The Man with the Golden Gun" were good movies but he really seemed like he had grown into the role in "The Spy Who Loved Me." A lot of people didn't like "Moonraker" but that was because the movie itself was over the top (I liked it especially the boat chase and Lonsdale was a cool villain). "For Your Eyes Only" was a great Bond movie.

I also enjoyed his movie "Ffolkes" in which he was an anti-terrorist expert yet also un-Bond-like.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Before Roger Moore was Bond, he was Simon Templar. That's the way I would best like to remember him, from TV, watching him as a kid. When he became Bond he was just a better equipped Saint. Big Grin

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Last year, I saw an episode of "The Dick Cavett Show" from 1970. Roger Moore was a guest and he was talking about "The Persuaders." This would have been right before he would have filmed his first Bond movie, "Live and Let Die" and maybe even before he knew he would be taking over the role. I recall him being on "The Merv Griffin Show" when promoting a project. On talk shows he always seemed like a good-natured guy willing to take some ribbing and dish some out as well.

I've never seen "The Persuaders." I once saw it listed on one of those lesser-known cable channels on the guide. I've heard it was a good show and will look for it.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by piperh33:

Very sad day. Frown

quote:

A good man left us.

I agree with you

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
......he really seemed like he had grown into the role in "The Spy Who Loved Me." A lot of people didn't like "Moonraker" but that was because the movie itself was over the top (I liked it especially the boat chase and Lonsdale was a cool villain). "For Your Eyes Only" was a great Bond movie.

You may be interested to know, in tribute to Sir Roger, 'The Spy Who Loved Me' and 'For Your Eyes Only' are being re-released in cinemas USA(AMC), UK(Odeon) and Australia, with 50% of proceeds going to UNICEF.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:

in tribute to Sir Roger, 'The Spy Who Loved Me' and 'For Your Eyes Only' are being re-released in cinemas USA(AMC), UK(Odeon) and Australia, with 50% of proceeds going to UNICEF.

That would be a great double bill and a good night out.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Gregg Allman of the best Southern Rock band ever, The Allman Brothers, passed away today from complications of being married to Cher.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jared Martin, who was known for having played Dusty Farlow on Dallas, died. Here is the only card I know of for him.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Thunderball actress Mollie Peters has passed away.