Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As mentioned in the other thread, actress Kelly Preston has passed away from cancer.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill,

I was wondering if you were going to find a card of her from "Battlefield Earth." Something funny on an otherwise sad day.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
As mentioned in the other thread, actress Kelly Preston has passed away from cancer.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actress Galyn Gorg has died of cancer, age 55.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
The Forces Sweetheart, Dame Vera Lynn has passed away aged 103 Frown

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ent...inment-arts-13118290

Does she have any cards? Or is she just a famous person?

Bill

In my opinion she should have been on several cards but as her fame was generally in WWII and the 1950's here in the UK when card issues were scarce unless they were Sports. However I have managed to find a card of her issued in 2000 by Perennial Music in a 45 card set entitled Forever Gold Entertainment Legends. I found the image on the 'bay' hence it's picture quality.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dont have a pic but Vera Lynn is also on the Telegum TV Stars from Merry Sweets set

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:
Dont have a pic but Vera Lynn is also on the Telegum TV Stars from Merry Sweets set

Many thanks Neilsy, I had forgotten about that set. I don't personally have the Vera Lynn card amongst the 19 I do have however a search on the net has revealed the images below:-

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Regis Philbin, who's been in show biz since 1955, has died at age 88. If you don't know who he is or what he did, you weren't paying attention.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
John Saxon

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember watching "Regis and Kathie Lee" from time to time. He was a TV natural - animated and funny. He did seem to get tired of hearing about her kids every day and seemed to be happier with Kelly Ripa. Mostly, I remember his appearances on Letterman's CBS show. Letterman seemed to truly respect him. I always thought was funny that he called Ripa, "Kelly Lee."

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw John Saxon signing at a local show two years ago. I remember him from "The Electric Horseman," "Enter the Dragon," and an episode of "Six Million Dollar Man" in which he played a good guy and a lookalike robot created to take his place and steal a missile system part. He signed for a "Six Million Dollar Man" set for RA (below). There might be shot of him from the 1974 test set (English and Spanish version) or the 1975 sticker set

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor Maurice Roëves has died. He had, in addition to ST, a Dr. Who appearance.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Olivia de Havilland has died aged 104. looking on the "bay" I se that she has several cards mainly issued by Dutch or French card issuers. Does she feature on any of the cards issued for Gone with the Wind?

Apologies to Bill for not posting an image.

regards

John

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You do this just to mess with me, right?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not me Bill, I bow to your superior skills at finding these cards and reproducing theme here on the forum plus when I did a search neither of those two cards came up plus I now realise I made the mistake of not using the correct search criteria.

regards

John

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Character actress Jacqueline Scott has died, age 89. In addition to Twilight Zone, she had genre credits in the Planet of the Apes TV show and The Outer Limits.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
She also had a small role as Dennis Weaver's wife in Steven Spielberg's Duel.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
In tribute to character actor Wilford Brimley, for whom gruffness was a specialty:

And director Alan Parker, who made some terrific movies including one my favorites, the rain-drenched voodoo-themed 1987 noir horror thriller "Angel Heart". Boy, was I glad it was still daytime walking out of the theater after this was over!

Rest in peace, gentlemen.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Catching up on a couple:

Jean Kennedy Smith, last of JFK's brothers and sisters, died June 17.

(That's her in the back, between JFK and Teddy).

Herman Cain, age 74, died at the end of July. He ran for president in 2000 and 2012.

Maurice Petty was Lee's brother and raced a little, but mainly he built engines that won races. Died July 25, age 81.

Musician Bobby Lewis, of the hit "Tossin' and Turnin'", died Apr 28 age 95.

DC Comics writer Denny O'Neil died Jun 11.

Playwright and AIDS activist Larry Kramer died Apr 27.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Trini Lopez passed away yesterday from complications of COVID 19. He was a singer and actor who had a string of hit songs in the 1960's venturing into acting as well with his best known role being one of the twelve convicts who accept a suicide mission into Nazi-occupied France in the movie, "The Dirty Dozen" from 1967.

This is card #36 from the American Bandstand set (Collect-A-Card, 1993). He has a couple of other cards.

Also, one for Wilford Brimley from "The Natural" 5-card set (DVD insert)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,