Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Queen Elizabeth II has died at 96.

I am sure that she is on cards, somewhere.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's pretty easy to find some, so why not post one?

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor William Reynolds died on Aug 24, age 90, of pneumonia.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip visited the Hewlett-Packard complex in Cupertino, CA during a tour of California in 1983. My mom was working there at the time. She didn't get to meet them but was in the same room for a time. She says Prince Philip was smiling and talking to people while the Queen was more reserved.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actress Marsha Hunt, who started acting in 1935, has died at age 104. She was one of the blacklisted actresses of the 1950s. She died on 9/7/2022.

It's strange that two people who appeared on cards in the 1930s, Queen Elizabeth and Marsha Hunt, died on successive days. If there is anyone still living who appeared on cards from that decade, I can't think of them. I know of one actress still living who appeared on cards in the 1940s.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Catching up on the deceased.

Virginia Patton played George Bailey's sister-in-law Ruth on "It's a Wonderful Life". Died 8/18, age 97.

Serial killer Herbert Mullin also died 8/18, age 75, in prison.

WW2 Ace pilot Dean Laird died on Aug 10, age 101.

Star Trek actor Wayne Grace died 8/13, age 82.

And stage and screen actor Jack Ging died on Sept. 10, age 90.

May they all rest in peace.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jack Ging was also known for playing General Fulbright on 2/3 of the 4th season of "The A-Team" (1985-1986)

He was the third military guy pursuing The A-Team after Colonel Lynch (Season 1) and Decker (Seasons 2 through first 1/3 of Season 4)

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Long time Hollywood actor Henry Silva, who was great at playing villians, has died at age 95.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I heard about his passing a few minutes before logging on here. He was great in "Above the Law" and "Sharky's Machine." I was wondering if you were going to have a card from "Buck Rogers."

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Singer and actress Marva Hicks has passed away, age 66.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I found out last night that one of the founding members of the Doobie Brothers, drummer John Hartman, passed away this month. He's one of the guys who left the band but then came back later. He looks different but I think that's him third from the left. He was in the band at the time and none of the other guys look even close. I also found a second image in the style of a 1971 Topps baseball card. I don't know if it's an actual card, and if so I want it, or if it's someone's art project, but I'll include it.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Rapper Coolio was found dead at a friend's house earlier today. Age 59.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RIP Loretta Lynn, age 90. One of the greatest Country Music singers of all time.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I must've seen "Coal Miner's Daughter" five times when I was a kid (and a few times since).

Rest in peace, daughter of the Van Lear Rose...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Forgive me for going back several pages. I meant to comment on Mickey Gilley's passing back in May. I haven't really followed country music much. Gilley had a ton more hits than I remembered and he reached another level of fame from the nightclub he co-owned.

In 2011, years after the club was damaged in a fire and closed down, he appeared on "American Pickers." Mike and Frank visited him and bought some Gilley's Club memorabilia from him. He was a huge celebrity but he seemed like a regular guy who didn't need fame to enjoy life. He was actually paralyzed for a while from an accident while helping a neighbor move a large piece of furniture. Here's another card to honor a guy who helped a neighbor when he needed it.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Country musician and nightclub owner Mickey Gilley has died, age 86. He was survived by his cousins, Jerry Lee Lewis and Jimmy Swaggart.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Comedienne Judy Tenuta died today, age 72. She had been fighting cancer during the pandemic.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Angela Lansbury died earlier today, at age 96.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On top of Angela Lansbury being a great actress, people talked about her being a very nice person.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think Wolfie has already mentioned it but Robbie Coltrane has just passed away, age 72.