Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A Neal Adams story.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear we've lost anther artist and so soon after Neal Adams' passing. That was another thing I liked about some of those Star Wars Galaxy cards - the drawn artist portraits on the backs. I assume many of the artists are not otherwise illustrated.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Comic book artist George Perez has died of pancreatic cancer at age 67.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice story, Bill. Yeah, the first time you spend a significant amount of money on a collectible relative to your age and income is memorable.

It was nice reading the tweets from others, especially the artists, honoring Adams too.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
A Neal Adams story.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Twin Peaks actor Kenneth Walsh passed away on May 5, age 80.

Actor Jack Kehler died on May 7, age 75.

Bond villian Kennth Tsang died on Aprl 27, age 86.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor Ray Liotta has died at age 67, while filming a movie in the Dominican Republic.

All of his cards (that I know about) were made to support getting his autograph out there. Too bad that there was never a "Field of Dreams" set.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is shocking, unfortunate news !!!

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this news. Liotta was a fine actor, even if he liked playing the same type of role. If you've never seen "Heartbreakers", not a big hit but amusing in spots, check him out making fun of his image. He was on a roll with a few films lined up now, so what can you say? RIP Goodfella.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In 40 years, Ray amassed more than 120 movie and TV show credits. He was a busy guy. He made twice as many films as Marlon Brando and Sean Connery.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Always enjoyed Ray's performances. He played great as a bipolar bad guy.

Looks like every BIN $300 and under for his pop century card sold today.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Here is a card of Ray

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/217932069438339482/

Is that only a digital mockup, or were any ever printed?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He was a good actor in so many movies. "Heartbreakers" and "Smokin' Aces" were among the movies I saw him in. I see his first movie was "Hardhat and Legs." I remember that one starring Sharon Gless.

I saw one seller shut down his Liotta autograph card auction (same card as Bill showed but 7/7) because of an error in his listing. It was under $200. Let's see if the "error" actually means the price went way up.

quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Always enjoyed Ray's performances. He played great as a bipolar bad guy.

Looks like every BIN $300 and under for his pop century card sold today.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember right after "Goodfellas", he was in a string of movies playing the leading man (1992-1997) but unfortunately none of them were hits.

I distinctly recall Article 99, Unlawful Entry, No Escape, Operation Dumbo Drop, Corrina, Corrina, Unforgettable, and Turbulence.

He then went back to supporting role status in "Cop Land" (1997) with De Niro and Stallone, and then had a steady career in supporting roles, and playing psycho cops and gangsters, afterwards.

At least he was always in the spotlight, whether on TV or in the movies, and he made a good amount of money doing it.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor John Aylward died last week (Mar. 16) at age 75. I knew him best from his role as Dr. Anspaugh on ER.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Maggie Peterson, who played Charlene Darling on The Andy Griffith Show, passed away on March 15 at age 81.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to see that Bo Hopkins has passed away. He was in a lot of shows and movies, but as a "Rockford files" fan," he'll always be "Coop" to me. He was in a few episodes of that. As I recall, there was talk of a spin-off but it never happened.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I always liked his line from "The Wild Bunch":

"Well, how'd you like to kiss my sister's black cat's ass?"

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
He absolutely stole his scenes as Joe the lead Pharaoh (pronounced "fay-row") in American Graffiti despite having a Southern accent (for some reason) in Modesto, California.
Quite a screen presence, indeed.
Rest in peace, Bo.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Andy Fletcher, keyboardist and founding member of Depeche Mode, passed away on May 26. This is card #49 from the "Smash Hits" set (Panini, 1988).

I wasn't into "New Wave" during the 80's but I had friends who were into that. I think that's him pouring in the back.