Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Christine McVie's passing was reported by David in the Obituaries thread. Here's a card showing her as a member of Fleetwood Mac from the "Warner Bros. Records Baseball Cards" set from 1979. You see just part of her face behind Lindsey Buckingham. The card promotes "Tusk" which was released that year. A lot of people wanted another Rumours-sounding album and I remember a guy at a party (circa 1981) slamming the band as "too commercial." That guy didn't listen to "Tusk." They went weird with that one, going with different sounds.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another Fleetwood Mac card, this one being from SuperStars MusiCards with McVie on the right.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
1966-2022

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
1966-2022

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Al Strobel of Twin Peaks died last night, age 83.

Just a little over a month ago he signed a card for me.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
1951-2022

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just saw that. When she was on, Alley had that larger-than-life quality. She was only 71.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Sad she always seemed to be having fun which is a great way to live your life.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It makes you feel old when all of these 1980s/90s stars start passing away.

Luke Perry, Kristie Alley, Ray Liotta

I heard that Christina Applegate is in deteriorating health. Also, Shannon Doherty

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, rough month already. I'm still bummed out about Christine McVie.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
TV judge, MTV star and boxing referee Mills Lane has died at age 85.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Angelo Badalamenti at 85, best known for his ethereal soundscapes in collaboration with David Lynch.

Julee Cruise made her own exit earlier this year. She sang the song "Falling" which was composed by Angelo with lyrics by David Lynch.
The instrumental version of it was the theme song to "Twin Peaks".

Where these two went, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor Stuart Margolin, best known for playing Rockford's former cellmate Angel on the Rockford Files (that's two Angels in a row), died today at age 82.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, Stuart Margolin gone too. Yeah, he was great as the scheming con man, Angel, often putting Rockford in danger when it seemed to be his way out of a difficult situation. The writing was fantastic on Rockford Files but he added life to it. He played a very similar character, Philo Sandeen, on the "Bret Maverick" show (1981) that lasted only a season. The way they wrote the show, it was like they wanted to do just one season.

I didn't know he appeared on X-Files.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Kelly's Heroes

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, I should've remembered him from that. One of my friends watches that every time it's on.

Margolin was in the first Rockford Files episode but he played him as a quieter guy trying to go straight in that one.

quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Kelly's Heroes

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Terry Hall singer with "The Specials" and "Fun Boy Three" passed away yesterday after a short illness. Not so easy to find a card but I remembered that a Pop Star set of 24 cards was issued with "Drifter" chocolate bars in the 1980's. Drifter was made by Rowntree Macintosh.
Luckily for us he is pictured on card #13 as shown below. Not an easy set to complete although I do have a set.

Front
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Back
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Further research revealed that the set was issued in 1983.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pioneer rockabilly musician Charlie Gracie died at age 86 on Dec. 16.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jason David Frank's career was mostly in the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers franchise. He died by suicide on Nov. 19, age 49.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Newscaster and original host of "The View", Baba Wawa, has passed away at age 93.