Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Facebook page announcement, apparently she has been quietly battling cancer since 2000.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Cindy Williams, Shirley Feeney, Laurie Henderson, rest in peace. Frown

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The original Wednesday Addams, Lisa Loring, passed away on Saturday Jan 28 at age 64.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RIP Melinda Dillon

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RIP Raquel Welch, age 82. Here she is on a Sabrina the Teenage Witch card. A knockout, even in her mature years.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Raquel Welch made a kid forget there were dinosaurs in "One Million Years B.C." Wow. During the early 70's, one of my older cousins had her poster on the ceiling in his room.

I remember "Fantastic Voyage," "Fathom," and "Three Musketeers" too. I saw "100 Rifles" but don't really recall that one. She appeared on "The Dick Cavett Show" at least once.

An episode of "Archer" spoofed "Fantastic Voyage" with Lana in a similar outfit as Raquel.

Below are the front of the Hammer Horror Series 2 P2 by Cornerstone (a popular card in the late 90's...I bought and traded/sold several of them in that time) and the unnumbered Strictly Ink promo from 2007.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Raquel Welch spoofed her image a lot when she got older. She enjoyed doing comedy. There is an episode of Seinfeld where she guested as playing herself, much like Bette Midler did on that show. She pretended to be a diva that everyone was afraid to cross. I also liked her role in "The Last of Sheila", which hasn't been mentioned.

On the radio this morning they asked the question, "are there any sex symbols in Hollywood these days"? Well, the term has fallen out of favor, so maybe no one will cop to it anymore. But they sure made for better ceiling posters than what I see most teenagers hanging up today. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Tonya Knight, American Gladiators, 56, of cancer.
Sorry, I don't have a scanner.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As noted elsewhere, Richard Belzer has died at age 78. He played Det. John Munch on 11 different series and six different networks. One of them was X-Files:

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actress Barbara Bosson used to be alive, now she isn't. I only know her from Hill Street Blues.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's become politically-incorrect to talk about "sex symbols" in the media. I would say Pamela Anderson, Elizabeth Hurley, and the Victoria's Secret models were among the last that were widely talked about like that so you could say that kind of discussion started to disappear by the late 90's to early 2000's. Maxim magazine used to do a "Hot 100" special issue (100 of the hottest actresses, TV hostesses, and models at the time). They don't even do that Victoria's Secret Fashion show anymore. It became more about ever-goofier costumes and boring behind-the-scenes stuff rather than showing women in lingerie which was, of course, the draw for viewers. Of course, anyone can search for that online anytime so fewer people were watching it live or even recording it anyway.

Similarly, beauty pageants have become things of the past. Everyone used to watch "Miss America" and some of them and the runners-up found more fame later. It stopped doing the swimsuit competition part recently and it's not even on TV anyomre either.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Raquel Welch spoofed her image a lot when she got older. She enjoyed doing comedy. There is an episode of Seinfeld where she guested as playing herself, much like Bette Midler did on that show. She pretended to be a diva that everyone was afraid to cross. I also liked her role in "The Last of Sheila", which hasn't been mentioned.

On the radio this morning they asked the question, "are there any sex symbols in Hollywood these days"? Well, the term has fallen out of favor, so maybe no one will cop to it anymore. But they sure made for better ceiling posters than what I see most teenagers hanging up today. Big Grin

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Yeah, it's become politically-incorrect to talk about "sex symbols" in the media. I would say Pamela Anderson, Elizabeth Hurley, and the Victoria's Secret models were among the last that were widely talked about like that so you could say that kind of discussion started to disappear by the late 90's to early 2000's.
[/QUOTE]

I would put it more recent than that. Megan Fox might be the last one that tried hard for the title. It's the "Me-Too" movement that really buried it, although only for the less talented ones it would seem. Margot Robbie has no backlash taking on provocative roles, or Ana De Armas either. Yet they have avoided the label so far.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Riccou Browning has passed away, age 93. He was the last of the living actors to play original Universal Monsters.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember Ricou Browning. I didn't see it on his Wikipedia nor IMDB page but I read somewhere years ago he was chosen to play the Gill Man because he could hold his breath for 5 minutes allowing for longer shots and fewer takes. I thought he was an underwater cameraman for the "Flipper" but read he was actually a writer.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Think this is his only autograph card.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has Sizemore died? Or are you just trying to beat the rush?

I saw yesterday that he is in hospice care, but haven't seen that he's actually passed on yet.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Not yet. I think the family is getting ready to let go.

Meanwhile Julian Sands is still missing up in the mountains since January 13th. I think he's gone.