Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The tributes for Barbara Walters will start pouring in for a couple of days now, even though she dropped out of sight a long time ago and was rarely mentioned in recent years. Her career and her vision certainly changed TV network news. Too bad "The View" has evolved into what it is today. It's not her style and she always had style.

So many well remembered people have passed in 2022. Frown

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pope Benedict XVI has died at 95.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Maggie Thrett died Dec 18, age 76

Stephen Greif died Dec 23, age 78

Christian Roberts died Dec 26, age 78

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RIP astronaut Walt Cunningham, age 90.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RIP Earl Boen, age 81. He died yesterday.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Boen signed this card for me earlier this year. Saddened to know he is gone. One of the things about getting signatures from people is it makes a personal connection to them, no matter how small. And if you get enough autographed cards, at some point, some of the subjects will pass on.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Lisa Marie Presley, daughter of Elvis, ex-wife of Nicolas Cage and Michael Jackson, died today at age 54.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Lisa Marie Presley, daughter of Elvis, ex-wife of Nicolas Cage and Michael Jackson, died today at age 54.

She was just at the Golden Globes on Tuesday night, not looking especially well. One of her sons died in 2020 and I think depression returned. It's very sad to see these families, who should have everything, lead such desperate lives. What a fortune she is leaving behind, and I wonder if she was ever happy? RIP Lisa Marie.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone who has ever thought "This is my soul mate" about Nicolas Cage AND Michael Jackson has had problems that you and I cannot begin to fathom.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Her son who committed suicide, unfortunately, looked alot like Elvis.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
1964 Dutch Gum (Serie A)

A little before my time, but an instantly memorable name and a beautiful face. Only a handful of roles for her in the last half-century, but she clearly left an indelible mark with her work from 60+ years ago. She was the lead actress in her movies for a solid 25 years.

I'll watch those two "Love Boat" episodes with her in tribute.

Riposa in pace, grande signora.
95 è abbastanza buono!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
She was just at the Golden Globes on Tuesday night, not looking especially well. One of her sons died in 2020 and I think depression returned. It's very sad to see these families, who should have everything, lead such desperate lives. What a fortune she is leaving behind, and I wonder if she was ever happy? RIP Lisa Marie.

Guess I'll have to correct myself on that fortune part. It seems like Lisa Marie owed almost as much as she had. She sold off large portions of her Elvis royalties and I don't know how she owned Graceland without getting much of the profits. Not for nothing but the Church of Scientology counted her as a loyal member, and I'll bet they got paid.

Her story just keeps getting sadder and for some reason the official cause of death has been deferred pending further examination.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David Crosby, who's been a force in pop music for nearly 60 years, has passed away at age 81.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I came across a report on-line that Sylvia Syms died on Friday aged 89 at the actors care home in Buckinghamshire. I believe her most famous role was in "Ice Cold in Alex" although she was in other films and TV shows.

I therefore looked for card images again on-line and found the following amongst many others:-

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I came across a report on-line that Sylvia Syms died on Friday aged 89 at the actors care home in Buckinghamshire. I believe her most famous role was in "Ice Cold in Alex" although she was in other films and TV shows.

regards

John
As ever, the dear old BBC have posted a nice article about her acting career Smile

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ent...inment-arts-64426891

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
As ever, the dear old BBC have posted a nice article about her acting career Smile

Apparently the Talking Pictures website did the same as I have been told that it has been copied into facebook.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:

Apparently the Talking Pictures website did the same as I have been told that it has been copied into facebook.

regards

John
Hm, can't find a news section at the Talking Pictures site and no article about Sylvia Syms. Is there a US site as well ?

https://talkingpicturestv.co.uk/

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Kevin
I'm afraid I don't know as I assumed that it was posted on their website so perhaps instead they posted on their Facebook page we me assuming they have one.

regards

John