Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Monty Norman has just died. Here is a card from Rittenouse's Archives 2014

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

The BBC article said he was 94.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actress Rebecca Balding died July 18, age 73, from ovarian cancer.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tony Dow passed away today, aged 77. RIP.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Paul Sorvino

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tony Dow

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Okay, now I'm seeing reports that Tony Dow is still alive, but in hospice care.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Same thing happened with Tanya Roberts. Agents so quick to get the word out, they can't wait for the body. Twak

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Now they are reporting Tony Dow's death again. Unfortunately, it can't be another mistake.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A really rotten way to start the day. I've just read on the BBC news website that Bernard Cribbins has passed away at the age of 93. One of the few legendary British comedy actors still around, he will be sorely missed Frown

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ent...inment-arts-13099773

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
A really rotten way to start the day. I've just read on the BBC news website that Bernard Cribbins has passed away at the age of 93. One of the few legendary British comedy actors still around, he will be sorely missed Frown

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ent...inment-arts-13099773

Can you post a non-sport card that features him?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:

Can you post a non-sport card that features him?
I have a Topps Dr Who autograph card signed by him but no way to post it on here. I use the sketchcollector site for my sketches so I can post those here but don't have anywhere for other cards since the two old free sites I used to use started charging.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can I help with the following card from Unstoppable's Avengers 50 issue.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One of my friends might remember him from "Faulty Towers."

Here's a Topps (2015) autograph

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
the two old free sites I used to use started charging.

Postimage works.

Or you could do a wordpress blog (which will host images) and hotlink from the posts there.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
quote:
the two old free sites I used to use started charging.

Postimage works.

Or you could do a wordpress blog (which will host images) and hotlink from the posts there.
Many thanks, I'll bear those in mind for the future. For now, catskilleagle has posted the same autograph card I have Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have included another Bernard Cribbins card, this time from the 1966 Dr Who film Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. where he played Tom to Peter Cushing's Dr Who.

Note the previous image I posted for him depicts him as Arkwright form a 1966 episode called "The Girl from Auntie"

regards

John

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I was really sad to hear about Bernard Cribbins. An amazing all round entertainer and a lovely bloke.
I'm sure I caught a piece on the news with David Tennant and Catherine Tate yesterday, that Bernard was filming with them on Doctor Who fairly recently for that special episode they're doing. So it sounds like he was making a return as Donna's grandad Wilfred Mott.
A cool thing about Bernard playing Wilfred was the little Parachute Regiment badge he wore on his red woolly hat; he was in the Parachute Regiment in real life for his National Service in 1947.
He also had a couple of novelty hit records, including "Right Said Fred" which was co-produced by George Martin...of the Beatles.
Bernard's autobiography from 2018 is a good read.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post