Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twin Peaks Bluray...
 Login/Join

Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted
The new Twin Peaks bluray box set that was recently released had an interesting bonus feature in one of the photo galleries... a complete gallery of the Twin Peaks card set that came out years ago. It starts with a brief write up about the set and then has pics of both the fronts and backs of all the cards in the set. I think it's neat that they included a trading card set in a bonus feature for a tv series.

Edited to add: The gallery is in the bonus features on disc 5, if anyone wants to check it out.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It is good and a nice surprise when this happens. They did the same thing with the tv series UFO, the bonus features had the old card sets on it.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
As much as I would like this blu ray set that price is just too much! I will wait a while!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
That feature is on the TWIN PEAKS GOLD BOX DVD set, which is now very inexpensive due to the new BluRay release. Even, so it remains a mighty fine set, and still the best version of the series on DVD, especially at about $20 currently for a 10-DVD set, down $80 from the original $100 retail price when the set was newly issued in 2007.

The real upgrade of the Twin Peaks Blu-Ray (beyond picture quality) isn't so much the presentation of the TV series, but rather that it contains the "Fire Walk With Me" prequel movie and loads of deleted scenes from that feature film (which makes it North American Blu-Ray debut here, with the deleted scenes appearing for the first time anywhere in any format). The only DVD version of the movie is the basic release with no special features.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Didn't the dvd boxsets released years ago have random autograph catds inserted or was it signed post cards?

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Here's the thread that has a lot of information about the postcards. It is a terrific set.

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....937048036#3937048036

I was hoping that the new BluRay set would have another set of the postcards, but no luck. When I was collecting these heavily, I would sometimes dream of finding new cards that went beyond the original 61 numbers. Naturally, in Twin Peaks fashion, the images on those cards I drea-magined had nothing whatsoever to do with Twin Peaks!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post