Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Hannibal" cancelled
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
The Silence of the Lambs show will not be returning after Sept

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I was surprised that it even lasted more than one season, but it had good actors and generally good reviews. The problem is that it was on a main network and it would have been better suited as a cable show. It was somewhat similar in subject to something like Bates Motel or Dexter or even American Horror. This type of show is not going to pull in the audience numbers required by the advertisers on mainstream TV. Maybe it will resurface somewhere, I don't know how they intend to leave it off.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
.......which would explain why Propstore is auctioning off a lot if not all of the Hannibal props from the show

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
My partner loves it and I don't think it's bad but it's testing my patience and I'm not surprised it has been canned.
The arty style that was once enticing is now all a bit too clever. I only keep watching for Gillian Anderson, Mads Mikkelsen and Laurence Fishburne.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
SPOILERS AHEAD!

So the series final was shown and as far as I can see from internet posts it has been well received by Hannibal fans. There is still talk that it might get picked up somewhere else, as certain people refuse to believe that death leaps are fatal. In the TV/Movie business they often aren't. Big Grin

I was thinking of picking up the DVDs, hence I wanted to know the ending because I'm one of those people that needs a good ending. Don't even mention Dexter to me, I'm still way too aggravated. Wink

Anyway, I think I'm gonna pass because I thought the ending would merge into the other stories, but it doesn't. It just leaves off with Hannibal late for dinner and I won't even go there, except to say that Anderson must really like unconventional roles. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post