Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Forever" Cancelled
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
The ABC show about the guy who lives forever, played by the fellow from the Fantastic Four movies

Posts: 4008 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I tried the first two shows and stopped watching. It was a cross between The Highlander and Forever Knight. I never saw enough to find out why he was immortal, but I didn't care either. I kind of figured it wasn't going to get renewed. A foolish idea with a serious production usually fails to attract too many viewers.

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Lightning reveals the rain and wind swept night. The cry echoes down from the hall of the Mountain King (AKA abc studios in burbank):

"There can be only one.........season!"

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Lightning reveals the rain and wind swept night. The cry echoes down from the hall of the Mountain King (AKA abc studios in burbank):

"There can be only one.........season!"

Have you seen that new show, I Zombie.

That's another cross of old themes. A little Walking Dead, a little Tru Calling, a little Moonlight. I don't see that coming back for a second season either.

Woo, just googled it and I Zombie is coming back for a second season. I guess it will be a card set next. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
No one is happier about all of these TV shows and movies based on comics than I am. First off, I have no special devotion to the source material such that I am bothered when things are altered for the adaptation (as they surely will be), and number two, there tends to be a spike in value of those books the moment a new project is announced and even more so when it actually goes into production and again when released.

That "iZombie" comic is from the Dc Vertigo line, from which I still pick up first issues (and beyond if I like it) of all series, so I definitely have the first issue of that. The comic series wasn't a big hit and only lasted a few years, ending some time ago, so there wasn't much of a demand for back issues until the TV series, and as often happens with that, what was once a "dollar" bargain bin book is now selling for around $30 last time I looked.

I did see the first episode of the series, and it was OK, but I've not caught any more it. It seems enough people did, though, and it helps to be on the network it's on for sure. The threshold for renewal isn't nearly as high as on one of the big 4.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not happy that it got cancelled Frown

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post