Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted
Watched the first episode tonight I thought it was great fun tie-ins to the movies and several references to Marvel in general. It was as good as the movies as far as I am concerned. Thumb Up We need a card set!!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Not seen it in UK yet

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
Reminded me a lot of the show Heroes, except for the Marvel tie ins. Of course, Batman's favorite part of Heroes was to save the Cheerleader!

Big Grin

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:
Of course, Batman's favorite part of Heroes was to save the Cheerleader!

Big Grin

For me?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:
Reminded me a lot of the show Heroes, except for the Marvel tie ins. Of course, Batman's favorite part of Heroes was to save the Cheerleader!

Big Grin

Save the World

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I understand this starts in UK on Friday (tomorrow)

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Just watched this...it was awful. Twak

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
They are emphasizing that we should watch each episode all the way through for special teasers and/or cameo appearances liked we've learned to do at the cinema when watching Marvel Studios movies.

It was nice to see Cobie Smulders on the premiere episode and it could be Sam Jackson as Nick Fury appears tonight, if the whisperers are of the Varys variety, which is to say that their veracity is virtually unvarnished.

I'd like to see Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, and the Hulk in upcoming weeks, and we might as their next movies approach (cross marketing, don't you know?).

They could even take a page from the old Star Wars Holiday Special (which debuted Boba Fett well before he appeared in "Empire") and introduce the Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant-Man on the show, or Elizabeth Olsen slated to be the Wasp in Avengers 2, in a cameo before their films are released.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Samuel Jackson turned up at the end of tonight's episode. I only caught the last half, but I can't say I liked what I saw. Everyone was just so smug and we've seen all these characters before. I don't think there is much of a show here, just a long expensive ad for Marvel.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, we're out West, so we have to wait another hour or two to see it. We console ourselves with the fact that when the world ends, yours will end three hours before ours.
Big Grin

This cross promotion Disney business has been going on a LONG time. Walt himself used to present what were essentially hour long commercials for Disneyland or the latest Disney movie during the Sunday night "Wonderful World of Disney" TV show. I think he'd be very pleased with Disney's march toward world domination. It no surprise there will a Star Wars TV show going on when the new trilogy is released. One will help market the other.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched commercial TV in years (I rent or buy the DVDs when they are released), and this reminded my why. The networks seem to be pushing me away from their own product with all the logos and ads that continually pop up on the screen when I am trying to watch the program. This has always irritated me greatly. I managed to watch Shield for fifteen minutes before I turned the TV off in disgust. I'll wait for Netflix, as usual.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
We just watch hour long shows about 20 minutes after they start. In that way, we get to see things the night they air and skip the commercials. It worked flawlessly with the "Breaking Bad" finale. Some people were complaining about all of the commercials during that, but we didn't since we didn't see a single one of them and were still able to watch the climactic final scenes at the exact same time as the people who'd sat through all of the commercials. Without the commercials, there's no show so they don't bother me in that way, I just don't like them because they break the flow of the narrative.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Just saw the first episode and enjoyed it - always record shows with adverts and fast forward during the breaks!!!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just saw the 2nd episode and it was pretty good. A lot of fast paced sassy backtalk on this show. The dialogue is very in line with other Whedon-verse shows like Buffy and Serenity, so this series should appeal to fans of those, that is, people who like their patter snappy.

Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
I saw the add in a local newspaper last week, but I don't know if the cable tv in my girlfriend house has ABC. So I forget it. Until I was boring traveling the channels to find that the cable in the house has ABC. I watched the last part of episode 1.

As far my little knowledge of Shield. I believe the Phil Coulson in the show is really a Life Model Decoy. Does somebody note how he dodge the attack in the final minutes of the episode?

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In the first episode, it seemed like maybe Phil didn't know that, but in the second episode he referred to his life as his "afterlife", so maybe he does know it after all.