Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Buffy reboot in the works....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffy reboot in the works....
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Heard about this yesterday. Guess it was inevitable. Might be good like the new BSG, might be bad like that new Charmed reboot looks.

Either way, I'm not too fussed these days. I guess I've grown out of Buffy over the years now that I'm in my mid 30's. Still will always love the show, there's just better shows out there these days.

Besides, Buffy was aimed at the teenage market back in the 90's, I expect it to be the same market for this new series. I'm just not in that age bracket for this series so I don't expect it to have much appeal for me.

We'll see how it goes.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah, feel the same way, I just don't care.

But even that teen/young adult market is very different today than it was when Buffy first aired. Plus the original Buffy and all those copycat Buffy-type shows and films have already been made for anyone interested. This stuff is no longer new and edgy, so a new Buffy show is going to have to drastically depart from the old story to set itself apart. Otherwise its just a "been there done that" retread, not just of Buffy, but of all those similar copies.

I see them trying to go dark and graphic, which is kind of where Buffy did wind up at the end. However the beginning years of Buffy, and many the best episodes, were a combination of ideas that seemed clever, exciting and fun at the time.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I'm just getting old. I looked at this and when, "eh, not for me."

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
It's bizarre how new shows just aren't being made? Are young writers (And older professionals) lacking in such originality?

Not to mention they're rebooting shows less than a generation later? Like with the new Charmed, I'll check it out but can't help being sceptical.

But even the younger kids who don't remember the original shows enjoy them, so why reboot now?

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
To make money.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post